Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no way, you need to differentiate your car from all the rest PPF cars. Think of all the bird poops, rock chips, scratches, those are the battle scars, it's what makes your car special to you. Now, don't quote me when you are ready to sell the car later.
I agree with you. But also, I’ll be selling my 2008 Infinity G37 coupe sport after I take delivery of my model 3 RWD and after 14 years of use and NO paint protection film, the car looks great and has no major scratches. However, every time I open a video or an article about the model 3, everyone seems to imply that the paint will be ruined if no ppf is applied. So, I was wondering if the model 3 paint is so bad that it will degrade faster than my Infinity.

I agree with you. But also, I’ll be selling my 2008 Infinity G37 coupe sport after I take delivery of my model 3 RWD and after 14 years of use and NO paint protection film, the car looks great and has no major scratches. However, every time I open a video or an article about the model 3, everyone seems to imply that the paint will be ruined if no ppf is applied. So, I was wondering if the model 3 paint is so bad that it will degrade faster than my Infinity.
I'm not convinced that the Tesla paint is that much different than paint on many other new cars, given that environmental restrictions have forced most manufacturers to go to more water based paints. On top of that, the Model 3 has only an expanse of painted sheet metal across the front rather than a grille etc. So it has more painted surface exposed to road debris and bugs than most cars. I think I'll put PPF on the front bumper when mine arrives.

The paint itself really isn’t the issue. It’s the cure time. If you take your infinity you purchased new off the lot it had been waiting 3-6 months after being painted minimum before it got into your hands. The teslas are painted and shipped out to their owners that week. So it may only be 2-3 weeks from painting before the car is in your hands. Now that all being said. My first model S I put ppf on the entire car to protect it. I don’t regret it. My second model S I purchase used from tesla and the paint is is fantastic condition 7 years later. So. I don’t plan to ppf my m3.

After having a EDD of mid Jan to mid Feb, they changed it a week ago to Dec 26-Dec 31. On Dec 26 I said I couldn't pick up the car this week due to being out of the country, and couldn't take delivery before Jan 3. They said no problem, the car would be re-assigned and they'd find me another one in the new year. Since then, the status shows as "We'll notify you when it's time to schedule your Delivery Appointment". There has been no EDD. I am hoping/expecting that by Jan 2 or 3 an EDD will be provided. I'm not desperate but some indication of time frame would be helpful in case I'd like to take a short trip this winter.

OD: 12/28/21
EDD June 2022
1 day after ordering my EDD changed to March 8th- April 5th anyone know if March-April is likely or will it get pushed back to my original EDD of June 2022. I am trying to line it up so I can do the credit app with my credit union once and not have it expire and do it again.

Mine got bumped too - but I'm in Canada which is a bit different. My early Sept. order had a Jan 4-25th EDD for the past two months but was updated to Jan 25-Feb 22 today.
Blue/Black/18"/No FSD
Similar timeline to me here in Vancouver. Grey/black/18/no fsd ordered July 22 originally quoted 8-12 weeks. Ever since the 3 month mark came and went the EDD has been January 3-31. I just don’t see it happening, but will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

OD: 12/28/21
EDD June 2022
1 day after ordering my EDD changed to March 8th- April 5th anyone know if March-April is likely or will it get pushed back to my original EDD of June 2022. I am trying to line it up so I can do the credit app with my credit union once and not have it expire and do it again.
Hard to tell. My OD was late August, with EDD of January, it quickly changed to November and bounced around a bit in Nov and Dec, then changed to Jan-Feb and is still there now.