Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my vin!!!
Screenshot_20220724-105400~2.png

I find it weird that less than a week away from ESD and I don't have a VIN in the app, only showing in source code.

I checked the VIN today after the EDD moved from Aug 1 -5 to
July 26 - 31

The last digit of my VIN dropped by 1 number. I don't have a pickup date yet and my payment is setup for financing. I feel like someone declined delivery and it was assigned to me. Otherwise I don't see why my VIN would change.

It's such an odd process but I really don't care as long as I get my car sooner rather than later.

Reactions: rdrice1960
I find it weird that less than a week away from ESD and I don't have a VIN in the app, only showing in source code.

I checked the VIN today after the EDD moved from Aug 1 -5 to
July 26 - 31

The last digit of my VIN dropped by 1 number. I don't have a pickup date yet and my payment is setup for financing. I feel like someone declined delivery and it was assigned to me. Otherwise I don't see why my VIN would change.

It's such an odd process but I really don't care as long as I get my car sooner rather than later.
Did you get your MVPA?

No, just a VIN in the source code and the EDD coming up this week. Also a text saying my car has left the factory as of last Wednesday.
Oh ok.

Similar to you, for me also the VIN just shows in the source code and not in the app.

But since i got my MVPA, i was able to confirm my VIN.

Based on your EDD, I m sure, you would get your vehicle in the next 2 weeks.

Quick question: You have mentioned your payment is setup for financing. so have you got the rates? I m just going to go for the 96 months to keep the monthly installments lesser (i know, its not a good financial move. but can't help it)

Guys, what is the maximum length of time you get once you recieve your VIN to the day you must pick up you Tesla?

Why am I asking? I'm on Cape Cod. Car is coming to Tucson.

Ordered the M3 4/1. Newest EDD is 7/26~8/7. I WILL leave the Cape (driving our Tesla MY) on the six day trip back to AZ to pick up the new M3, just trying to figure out how many days I will have in order to prepare for the journey.

Thanks,

Rich

Oh ok.

Similar to you, for me also the VIN just shows in the source code and not in the app.

But since i got my MVPA, i was able to confirm my VIN.

Based on your EDD, I m sure, you would get your vehicle in the next 2 weeks.

Quick question: You have mentioned your payment is setup for financing. so have you got the rates? I m just going to go for the 96 months to keep the monthly installments lesser (i know, its not a good financial move. but can't help it)
They gave me 5.90% for 96 months. I will try and see if they can go lower when getting the loan. Since rates are supposed to move higher I'm going for the longest term. I can always pay it off sooner with out a penalty, want to keep my savings since cash would be worth more as rates go up.
The VIN change got me puzzled mostly plus not getting the MVPA.

Guys, what is the maximum length of time you get once you recieve your VIN to the day you must pick up you Tesla?

Why am I asking? I'm on Cape Cod. Car is coming to Tucson.

Ordered the M3 4/1. Newest EDD is 7/26~8/7. I WILL leave the Cape (driving our Tesla MY) on the six day trip back to AZ to pick up the new M3, just trying to figure out how many days I will have in order to prepare for the journey.

Thanks,

Rich
Hey Rich

From what I've seen they give you 3 days to pick up the car or give to the next person.
If I were you I would get in touch with Tesla through the text message you received when you originally bought the car to see what options you have. You might be able to change your pick up location.

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
Thursday night accepted acceleration agreement. Got scheduling delivery email on Friday morning. It gave me a few choices: Sunday or Tuesday. I picked Sunday. Pick up my car yesterday and it took an hour in total. Everything went smoothly. Drives amazing. Happy to answer any other questions anyone may have!
Congrats .. and safe drive !!

Questions:

Did you apply Financing? What was the rate you were offered?

Also since you picked your vehicle on Sunday, when did you apply for insurance?

Did you get the charger?

How happy are you with the built quality? As in, did you notice any panel gaps, etc.?

Thanks much !!

I switched mine from black to deep blue and got a VIN in a couple days then took delivery the same week. I also upgraded the wheels from the aero to sport wheels

It is nice to see the folks that I've seen in this forum since September of 2021, start to receive VINs! Congratulations
i’ve been considering that (I like the blue), but I’m worried about re-setting my order date.