Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order date is March 2022 and EDD is pushed (twice) to 11/06-12/18.
My MYLR was ordered in 2/17/22 and EDD is March 2023- June 2023
It looks like after reading everyone’s order date and EDD that Tesla is delivering cars on a end of the quarter basis for most people regardless of order dates. A lot of us in here order within in months of each other but all have nearly close EDD which run from October-December is my opinion. It seems there’s really no way of reading into or understanding when exactly your car will be delivered other then waiting for a vin and for the call or email that’s it ready for pickup. Let’s all hope it’s sooner then later for us and no set backs.

Interior of GM EV1. The centralized controls remind me of M3. I used to be an electric powertrain engineer for GM and spent a lot of time driving EV1s in the early 2000s.
That's cool, I saw an EV1 (I think) at a home show in Halifax in the early 2000s when I was looking at solar panel installations. I wanted to get an EV then, but I never heard anything about them after that. Hopefully I'll finally get an EV soon. How were they to drive, anything close to the model 3?

That's cool, I saw an EV1 (I think) at a home show in Halifax in the early 2000s when I was looking at solar panel installations. I wanted to get an EV then, but I never heard anything about them after that. Hopefully I'll finally get an EV soon. How were they to drive, anything close to the model 3?
EV1 was like nothing else made in the late 90s. It was very small (2 seater) and sat low. It was pretty slow past 30 mph. It was a head turner though. The old ones I mostly drove had maybe 50 miles of actual range.

Reactions: BTM3 and Nick11
Original OD 10/2021. FINALLY Received VIN last Wednesday 7/20 -- EDD updated to 8/4-8-8

Got the trade-in call yesterday 7/25 and was told the car is shipping from Fremont CA. Is it really true that it'll take nearly two weeks to ship or could I expect a potential surprise this weekend instead? Or earlier than the 4th I guess? Not sure how long shipping to Raleigh actually takes and SA's haven't said much to not change expectations. Hoping someone cancels delivery or something so I can get in this car finally!

Original OD 10/2021. FINALLY Received VIN last Wednesday 7/20 -- EDD updated to 8/4-8-8

Got the trade-in call yesterday 7/25 and was told the car is shipping from Fremont CA. Is it really true that it'll take nearly two weeks to ship or could I expect a potential surprise this weekend instead? Or earlier than the 4th I guess? Not sure how long shipping to Raleigh actually takes and SA's haven't said much to not change expectations. Hoping someone cancels delivery or something so I can get in this car finally!
From my experience they don't tell you when it arrives. In my case the VIN got change by one digit and EDD moved a week earlier because someone likely didn't take their car that matched my specs. This is my suspicion only at this point.

Note: when booking the pick up date the appointment link only allowed me to book for Aug 2nd. I texted them and asked for July 29/30 and I got confirmed for the 30th.

Reactions: iBiltGiza
Delivery update: took delivery of my M3 yesterday and it’s absolutely beautiful! It has the matrix headlights, LFP, Heated Wipers, double pane front windows.

Delivery experience was pretty straight forward they let you in the car tell you to sign a bunch of papers and inspect your car, found a few minor cosmetic issues some were just adhesive but in the end I did have to request a service of the charge port not closing flush and there are 2 minor scratches on the interior passenger door.

If you are financing your car you need to bring your down payment, a void cheque and proof of insurance

Thanks everyone for the conversation over the last year! It was a long one but you all made it bearable!

I doubt refinance will get you any lower then what originally tesla gave as a new car
I’m in the same situation as you I ordered my model 3 standard in black 5/19 and EDD is 10/1-11/12 which is a couple days ahead of you.. just curious as if you order any premium features like paint color or interior color. I’m also worried about finance rates going up but I told myself I can lock in which ever rate and try refinancing later on via bank or credit union etc

Delivery update: took delivery of my M3 yesterday and it’s absolutely beautiful! It has the matrix headlights, LFP, Heated Wipers, double pane front windows.

Delivery experience was pretty straight forward they let you in the car tell you to sign a bunch of papers and inspect your car, found a few minor cosmetic issues some were just adhesive but in the end I did have to request a service of the charge port not closing flush and there are 2 minor scratches on the interior passenger door.

If you are financing your car you need to bring your down payment, a void cheque and proof of insurance

Thanks everyone for the conversation over the last year! It was a long one but you all made it bearable!
Congratulations! Have fun!😄

Reactions: Jbedz

do you mind share the series of your VIN? mine is 315xxxx, wondering if mine will have the same config as yours.

Nice to see so many get their vins. Im 4 days into my 2 week window...no vin yet. Not sure dates will change again or finally give me one. When you have waited now 11 months, you begin to lose hope, but hey, I suppose it's par for the course.
IMG-20220430-WA0003.jpg

Just for perspective...this was my very first 2 week window I received back in April 30th which was accompanied with a trade in message. I thought for sure that this would be it.

IMG-20220507-WA0001.jpg

Then this happened on May 7th, just 2 days shy of my first 2 week window.

I am now sitting at July 24-August 7th window so ive actually broken into it, but who knows what any of it means based off what ive seen on here.

Last edited: