Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting closer! 🙂 Day 315 for me and I haven't had anything for an EDD other than TBD for a couple of months now.
The TBD is getting a little old eh? Mine has been like that for a couple of weeks now, a tidbit of an update would be something. My pickup will be in NS, waiting since Oct 10, 2021

I have noticed the folks with dates in Canada have tended towards black interior, hoping they did a big batch of black and my white interior will soon follow.

Reactions: BTM3
Oh yeah! Safely tucked in the trunk with the household plug extension. I bought the 14-50 extension from Tesla. Today I put on about 150 km and got a better feel for it. Sound system is great and the seats feel so comfortable.

It's definitely worth the wait.
Perfect.

Got my appointment for the 9th August.

Hoping it stays and there are no more roadblocks.

Although, I must admit my apprehensions on the build quality. *Fingers Crossed* there are no major concerns.

Anyone else having trouble paying via app?
I finally set a delivery date for Aug 10th, and I'm trying to do the delivery tasks, but once I use plaid to connect my bank account, I still get the "Add Payment Method" button and I can't make the payment.
Recs?
VIN 3172XX

Got a text from the SA letting me know I can trade in my vehicle and where to get an offer… what does that mean? Anyone had similar experiences?
your vehicle's delivery will likely happen very soon.

follow the link they provided and if you have vehicle to trade in you would have to key in the VIN and they would let you know the trade-in price.

I haven't done this myself, as I did not have a car to trade-in. But I m guessing, its a straight forward process.

Perhaps. I know I am thinking of cancelling and buying an ICE car. This morning Tesla pushed back my EDD again. I am a stockholder and I was a fanboy, but I am tired of all of the broken promises. I have been waiting for my M3 since November. The price when I took my first test drive in February 2021 was $38K. While I was chasing the $7500 tax credit (which never materialized) the price had increased $7K, so I gave up and and placed my order at $45K. Now the tax credit/rebate is back in play and they (Democrat politicians) continue to try to screw Tesla customers. The bill was written to exclude the LFP battery (due to Chinese manufacture), the M3 LR is too much $ to qualify, and no credit/rebate for cars delivered before 01/01/2023. The ONLY company this bill helps is GM (imagine that).
The M3 LFP battery only disqualifies the RWD model from half of the credit, & the rear wheel drive model would still get $3750 off. However I do expect TESLA to raise the RWD price by that amount, and to drop the long range model price to $54,990. until recently the price difference for the two cars was only $8000. that’s why I’m just going to take my car whenever it’s given to me and not cancel and re-order

On day 319 I took delivery my my RWD Model 3. The car had 3 miles on it, global (matrix) headlights, AMD, mobile connector, etc. I can't find anything wrong with it besides the door weather stripping being a little flat. It is currently sitting my garage updating to the 20.7 software. Good luck to all the waiters. I went from a September EDD to a car in about a week.

I was just offered a car in Ottawa that someone declined. Couldn’t make the logistics work on short notice as it is 10-11 hours away, so they will go to the next one on the list. They said my Halifax delivery car should be here in the next 2-3 weeks, Vin likely in the next week.
I wonder if SAs really have those kind of "inside" info, because mine keeps saying the info he has, is the same as I can see in my account.

Attached please find an updated pdf document which analyzes Troy Teslike's spreadsheet of Model 3 data located here:

Attachments

• tesla-pdf-document1.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 104
I wanted to mention that the Model 3 doesn't come with windshield washer fluid at pick up.

If you try it and it doesn't work this is the reason. They didn't mention it when I was picking up the car.
You mean to tell me that you spend that much money on a car, and they don't even supply you with $2 worth of windshield washer fluid?🤣🤣 Not to mention it's a safety issue in the winter!

Another week, another new EDD, now the soonest I have seen yet:

Model 3 RWD Red/Black/18/No FSD:
OD: May 22, 2022
Original EDD: Sept. 12-Oct. 24
Second EDD: Aug. 30 - Oct. 4
Third EDD: Oct. 18 - Nov. 29
New EDD: Aug 27 - Sept. 24
Model 3 RWD MSM/Black/18/No FSD:
OD: May 13, 2022
Original EDD: Oct. 12-Dec. 21
Second EDD: Nov. 14 - Dec. 26

Waiting for my third EDD and hoping for the best. Your story brings hope.

All the best!