Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really tempted to change my design from a black interior to a white interior. The only thing holding me back is the fear of my OCD kicking in and freaking out over the possibility of stains and dye transfer. I wear denim every day, and my family and I usually take my car on weekends for better fuel economy. (I currently have a Prius Prime) I don't want to be that guy/dad who gets anxious about his passengers ruining the seats... 😩

Reactions: kaimanson
I'm really tempted to change my design from a black interior to a white interior. The only thing holding me back is the fear of my OCD kicking in and freaking out over the possibility of stains and dye transfer. I wear denim every day, and my family and I usually take my car on weekends for better fuel economy. (I currently have a Prius Prime) I don't want to be that guy/dad who gets anxious about his passengers ruining the seats... 😩
I would advise against white then. People recommend leather coatings which only do so much and really only prevent deep stains. You'll still be constantly cleaning surface marks daily.

Model 3 RWD/MSM/White/19"/No FSD/NJ
Estimated Delivery Date History:
04/26Order Date
05/30Aug 20 -- Nov 1
06/02Oct 1 -- Dec 1
06/15Oct 10 -- Nov 21
08/01Sep 4 -- Oct 9
08/20Sep 18 -- Oct 16Changed seats to white
08/26Sep 9 -- Sep 22
08/30Sep 14 -- Sep 17Got VIN
Got an approval from DCU for 3.74% APR. $13 difference on monthly payments comparing to current Tesla's 4.49% :)

Model 3 RWD/MSM/White/19"/No FSD/NJ
Estimated Delivery Date History:
04/26Order Date
05/30Aug 20 -- Nov 1
06/02Oct 1 -- Dec 1
06/15Oct 10 -- Nov 21
08/01Sep 4 -- Oct 9
08/20Sep 18 -- Oct 16Changed seats to white
08/26Sep 9 -- Sep 22
08/30Sep 14 -- Sep 17Got VIN
Got an approval from DCU for 3.74% APR. $13 difference on monthly payments comparing to current Tesla's 4.49% :)
Are there any other requirements for DCU approval?...open checking or direct deposit?.

I would advise against white then. People recommend leather coatings which only do so much and really only prevent deep stains. You'll still be constantly cleaning surface marks daily.
Do you have white or just a fear of white? Have white on our 2018 3 and couldn’t be happier with the seats and how they don’t look dirty…. The black seats on the X? They always look dirty…. Ymmv

Reactions: jacobvargas