Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my delivery in Dec from Mount Kisco. Make sure you have your insurance sorted out ahead of your delivery date and I recommend getting someone on the phone to do your final check ahead of delivery. They will not reach out to you via phone until a day or two.

Overall, NY DMV is full of red tape so you want to give yourself time to deal with anything that comes up.
Thanks for the tips - I had all sorted out like you said and was hard to let go of my Honda Clarity. No one called but they did email the instructions. Also means I need to exit the waiting room…

This delayed window comes in line with the rumoured refreshed model 3 slated for mid 2023
Turns out, I got my date updated yesterday. Now says April 18-May 2. Still no VIN though. I've been down this road with my first Tesla. I won't get excited until I have a VIN.
Welp atleast that date isn’t too far back out like the date I got for end of May to end of June, that said I was told by a Tesla rep that once the delivery window shortens to about 2 weeks you should be getting the vin soon

Tesla's website shows several RWD's available in Toronto right now: New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

So why are they making us wait until June instead of giving us one of those? Those are brand new unsold cars unless I'm misunderstanding something.
Exactly, I’m seeing a bunch coming in as well on a discord inventory tracker, but they all seem to be ones with white interior and some with upgraded wheels as well. Perhaps they are tryna get us to buy one with the added extras.

Ordered RWD white interior (base wheels) 3/31
Finished Registration/documents 4/1
Rep told me car is arriving 4/13 or 4/14 from Fremont
Picking it up this weekend
Vancouver Canada
Exactly, I’m seeing a bunch coming in as well on a discord inventory tracker, but they all seem to be ones with white interior and some with upgraded wheels as well. Perhaps they are tryna get us to buy one with the added extras.

Hello, introducing my self.
Ordered a Blue Model 3 RWD on Apr 7th from existing inventory. Got the VIN right away and completed everything up to the "Schedule appointment" step on the same day.
I was hoping to take delivery in TX before Apr 18th to take advantage of the 7500 tax credit. I'm starting to worry now.
Any recent experiences in the area?

Hello, introducing my self.
Ordered a Blue Model 3 RWD on Apr 7th from existing inventory. Got the VIN right away and completed everything up to the "Schedule appointment" step on the same day.
I was hoping to take delivery in TX before Apr 18th to take advantage of the 7500 tax credit. I'm starting to worry now.
Any recent experiences in the area?
Hi, I ordered mine yesterday with an inventory spec pick up date scheduled this Saturday to take advantage of the IRA credit. I would reach out to a tesla rep to try to get a pick up date by the 17th. I'm in Texas as well (North Dallas). Good luck.

Well... my order on April 2nd got damaged in shipping. It was apparently some big ordeal for Tesla and the logistics companies, so it won't be delivered until after the 18th. AHG!

But the local "dealership" is going to sell me a lightly used demo vehicle.

Demo vehicles qualify for the tax credit right?

Minor thread hijack. We picked-up our model 3 SR LFP end of August 2022 (ordered April 2022). Recently sent in our taxes to our accountant (for tax year 2022) and we received the $7,500 dollar EV credit. Not complaining, just don't understand how the credit applied to us and our 2022 purchase.

Rich 🤔
You don’t qualify. I also purchased in august.

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod