Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... my order on April 2nd got damaged in shipping. It was apparently some big ordeal for Tesla and the logistics companies, so it won't be delivered until after the 18th. AHG!

But the local "dealership" is going to sell me a lightly used demo vehicle.

Demo vehicles qualify for the tax credit right?
Finally took delivery of the demo vehicle. Phew. That was a close call. But I probably had a worse delivery most.

Yep! I got an email, have one on order, delivery next week and got the email with the $2k price drop! That’ll help offset the loss of the difference when it comes to the tax rebate miss. Good news! Clearing out inventory for a new model maybe? Either way, I’ll take it!

Just curious if anyone here thinking of switching to the new model Y rwd in Canada.

5k more than the rwd model 3 seems like a pretty good deal for the extra space, plus premium interior and larger wheels.
Not me... What do you mean by premium interior, in what way is the interior of the Y more premium than the 3? I don't want larger wheels, it's purely a looks thing, does not improve performance, makes curb rash more likely, make wheel damage from potholes more likely, and reduces range. 18" is already big enough, I'd even get 17" if they were available. The extra space might be worth it if you need it, I don't. I do wish the 3 had a lift gate instead of a standard trunk though.

It also has a 6.9s 0-100 so it's quite a bit slower.

Not me... What do you mean by premium interior, in what way is the interior of the Y more premium than the 3? I don't want larger wheels, it's purely a looks thing, does not improve performance, makes curb rash more likely, make wheel damage from potholes more likely, and reduces range. 18" is already big enough, I'd even get 17" if they were available. The extra space might be worth it if you need it, I don't. I do wish the 3 had a lift gate instead of a standard trunk though.

It also has a 6.9s 0-100 so it's quite a bit slower.
The bigger wheels do attribute to better looks but I agree about the range loss and harsher rider quality. The model 3 currently has what is referred to as the partial premium interior by Tesla whereas model 3 P and model Y have a premium interior. However the only notable difference between the two is the 13 speaker audio setup with subs and amp plus the addition of the hepa filter in the Y. In terms of speed I don’t really mind, 6 or 7 seconds, not a huge deal especially since I’m coming from a civic. Comparable gas vehicles have a similar 0-60 to begin with. I find the extra space, higher ride height, and potentially better resale value for an suv over a sedan make it a solid deal.

As expected, EDD has now moved to May 6-Jun 3. Guess I missed out on the White interior RWD 3's that came up here.
Seems like they are prioritizing white interiors right now, I was at my local Tesla showroom yesterday and there were 10 new model 3s I think recently loaded off from the truck with April build dates. 9/10 of those rwd model 3s had white interiors.

Also continue to be on the lookout, yesterday I saw a m3 rwd Demo Base config white exterior and black interior in ottawa with only 70km. $210 discount and no $1880 delivery fee so over 2K discount. Sold out before I could get a hold of an agent on the phone :(.

What do you think if your M3 comes from china as Model Y. because i don't why the model 3 stock in canada is very low compared Us stock.
It could but I don’t see any reason for it as the model 3 rwd is already made in Fremont, whereas the model Y would need a new line so it makes more sense to make that vehicle in a higher capacity factory like the Shanghai gigafactory. Plus demand in the US isn’t super high in the first place suggested by the abundance of inventory and recent price cuts. So it would only make sense to continue to ship some of the the model 3s coming off the Fremont line to Canada

Hi, I ordered mine yesterday with an inventory spec pick up date scheduled this Saturday to take advantage of the IRA credit. I would reach out to a tesla rep to try to get a pick up date by the 17th. I'm in Texas as well (North Dallas). Good luck.
Were you able to take delivery in time ? I had a 4/20 appointment and they went above and beyond and moved it up to the 17th EOD. Very happy. :)