Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Sudden battery drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have had my SR+ model 3 for 6 months and have been consistently getting the full 240 miles while going on long trips. I have normally charged to 85% every three days or so without me downloading a new software update. One random day my max charge dropped to 230 with no early drops. any idea what happened?

So I have had my SR+ model 3 for 6 months and have been consistently getting the full 240 miles while going on long trips. I have normally charged to 85% every three days or so without me downloading a new software update. One random day my max charge dropped to 230 with no early drops. any idea what happened?

Nope. No one knows. You can try doing a greater depth of discharge a couple times and recharging to see whether it recovers. The estimation of capacity may be getting miscalibrated (or whatever) - no one really knows (here), we just know of things you can try.

Sounds like you might be drawing the car down pretty deep already (3 days is a fairly long time for an SR+). If so, wouldn't both with the deeper discharges. Instead, maybe try leaving your car plugged in every night. Who knows. It's all guesswork and it's possible nothing will work for you. All you can do is try doing things differently.