Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard 220 dryer outlet to nema 14-50 female adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy crap, threads like this scare me.

Please read the FAQ which explains why many of the ideas here are a bad, bad idea, the first of which is that when you do ANYTHING that violates the NEC you are inviting your insurance company to deny a loss claim if you suffer a loss, regardless of the reason for that loss (even if a grease fire burns down your house, having a modified outlet in the garage can indeed permit your insurance company to refuse to pay -- I have seen it).

Do it right, save your life and those of your family's. Yes, it is that serious. You (hopefully) wouldn't rig up a gas can in your garage with some random garden hose to supply gas to a generator in the basement with a jury-rigged exhaust hose made of paper funnels... so don't do the same with electricity.

Do it right, save your life and those of your family's. Yes, it is that serious. You (hopefully) wouldn't rig up a gas can in your garage with some random garden hose to supply gas to a generator in the basement with a jury-rigged exhaust hose made of paper funnels... so don't do the same with electricity.

I have to agree 110% with FlasherZ here, but that Rube Goldberg generator example sure gave me a laugh!