Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard connectivity & phone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I passed on the premium connectivity upgrade as I figured I can use my cell phone for most of those "premium" features

EXCEPT:
I lost the "premium connectivity" trial this weekend and as of today it appears the Tesla app no longer connects to my car via cellular signal?

This seems to mean I can no longer monitor charging status at third party (CharePoint) chargers (when not on WiFi)? nor pre-heat cabin/seats before I depart my office? Is that the case for the rest of you or is it a bug/personal problem?

I understand if they cancelled my cellular service this makes sense but found no reference to losing that feature in any of the descriptions I have read?

Connectivity

Decision made, if it's not a bug and they're disabling all LTE I'm buying the upgrade.

on the other hand this would help the car sleep and stop me from constantly checking the app ;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bredi
are
I passed on the premium connectivity upgrade as I figured I can use my cell phone for most of those "premium" features

EXCEPT:
I lost the "premium connectivity" trial this weekend and as of today it appears the Tesla app no longer connects to my car via cellular signal?

This seems to mean I can no longer monitor charging status at third party (CharePoint) chargers (when not on WiFi)? nor pre-heat cabin/seats before I depart my office? Is that the case for the rest of you or is it a bug/personal problem?

I understand if they cancelled my cellular service this makes sense but found no reference to losing that feature in any of the descriptions I have read?

Connectivity
are you sure the vehicle has service? (not) surprisingly there is no verbiage on that page about app connectivity.

EXCEPT:

Connectivity
That should not happen. Something is definitely wrong with your connection. Nothing on Tesla's website mentioned that you lose these features. I passed on premium connectivity and I got a message telling me I have now "Standard Connectivity" that includes traffic-aware navigation, but I will lose the colored google maps and colored traffic status lines along with music streaming on cellular and that's it. I do not care for streaming, colored maps (I actually disabled them even with premium connectivity), and traffic colored lines were confusing as hell.

EXCEPT:

Connectivity
something is wrong. The app will work ragardless of your connectivity package

something is wrong. The app will work ragardless of your connectivity package

Yep damn computers. Works fine today. No idea what went wrong. I also rec'd a text from Tesla stating

Hi, its Tesla Mobile Service. With the premium connectivity ending it does cause connection issues with the vehicle. The voice recognition is a known firmware bug that should be fix with the next update. We recommend you read over the connectivity forum i sent you and if you would like you can purchase the premium connectivity through this site. Connectivity Thank you

Yep damn computers. Works fine today. No idea what went wrong. I also rec'd a text from Tesla stating

is voice connectivity working? Mine was even having errors when I had LTE. Would it work better thru hotspot (I have VZW vs ATT as not as robust in our area). I'm going to test it out hotspots before signing up for "premium".

The one problem is having to enable the hotspot each time. Any android app recommendations that would automate the hotspot on process? Echo Auto does that thru BT internet, but I believe that the 3 can only do wifi hotspot

Good "Post" before I want to ask something.

My SR+, I know have 1 month free for "premium connectivity". Since I got my car on 31-Dec, but nothing change from my connectivity. Why???

But in recently, mobile app difficult to remote communicate with car. Is it related??

Good "Post" before I want to ask something.

My SR+, I know have 1 month free for "premium connectivity". Since I got my car on 31-Dec, but nothing change from my connectivity. Why???

But in recently, mobile app difficult to remote communicate with car. Is it related??
When you log in to your Tesla account online it should show you when your premium connectivity expires. Also, I don't know if the policy is different outside of North America.

Premium Connectivity should have no effect on communication with the mobile app.

When you log in to your Tesla account online it should show you when your premium connectivity expires. Also, I don't know if the policy is different outside of North America.

Premium Connectivity should have no effect on communication with the mobile app.

Some web page show the 15" mon have show the expiry date in the Car info. But mine is nothing..... May be Hong Kong version is different.

Some web page show the 15" mon have show the expiry date in the Car info. But mine is nothing..... May be Hong Kong version is different.
I'm not talking about the car screen. I am talking about logging in to tesla.com and then go to your car. Here's what I see:
upload_2020-2-4_18-2-0.png