Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range AWD Model Y inventory priced $61,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh, they updated mine this morning as well, but to Oct 26 - Nov 30. This is so weird. So now they plan to build these, but two months later than planned? And why are our EDDs so different?

Are you able to modify your order online to change colors, options, etc... Or you're going to ask on the phone? Who are you calling, by the way? Your SC or national sales?

Oh wow, that's way sooner than mine! What is your config? Do you have any upgraded features like one of the paid paint colors?

I've been calling the number at the service center it was supposed to be delivered to, it then directs me to the Florida sales team. The guy I spoke with last week sounded very knowledgeable and told me to call back this week as he may have more info by now.

I'm going to add the trailer hitch and see if that makes my delivery date sooner after speaking with them.

Reactions: IndyGopher
Oh wow, that's way sooner than mine! What is your config? Do you have any upgraded features like one of the paid paint colors?

I've been calling the number at the service center it was supposed to be delivered to, it then directs me to the Florida sales team. The guy I spoke with last week sounded very knowledgeable and told me to call back this week as he may have more info by now.

I'm going to add the trailer hitch and see if that makes my delivery date sooner after speaking with them.
Cool, thanks for the update. I might call the SC mine was originally going to as well to see what they've heard. I didn't order any options as the inventory car was totally base: White, Black interior, Gemini wheels, and no FSD. Price was $61,990. If yours was the same, I have no clue why the EDDs would be so different... So it's yet another question for Tesla (who undoubtedly will have zero info).

Cool, thanks for the update. I might call the SC mine was originally going to as well to see what they've heard. I didn't order any options as the inventory car was totally base: White, Black interior, Gemini wheels, and no FSD. Price was $61,990. If yours was the same, I have no clue why the EDDs would be so different... So it's yet another question for Tesla (who undoubtedly will have zero info).

Ok great, let me know what they say. I called this morning and they had no new updates. The person I spoke with today said that he thinks they put these cars up by accident and said he believes they will be opening these up to the public soon. I asked to add the tow hitch, he unlocked my order so I could make changes, but it wouldn't let me. He submitted a request with the order change and I just got confirmation a minute ago. I'll be curious to see if it changes my EDD at all, I'm hoping it bumps me to first in line lol, plus it saves me $300 vs. having it put on after the fact and having to deal with any damages of the service center installing it.

If you want to make any changes, you will have to request them to do it.

Ok great, let me know what they say. I called this morning and they had no new updates. The person I spoke with today said that he thinks they put these cars up by accident and said he believes they will be opening these up to the public soon. I asked to add the tow hitch, he unlocked my order so I could make changes, but it wouldn't let me. He submitted a request with the order change and I just got confirmation a minute ago. I'll be curious to see if it changes my EDD at all, I'm hoping it bumps me to first in line lol, plus it saves me $300 vs. having it put on after the fact and having to deal with any damages of the service center installing it.

If you want to make any changes, you will have to request them to do it.
Thanks for the update! I didn't get a chance to call today because I was swamped, but I plan to do so and report back. Again, I doubt word trickles down from the factory to SAs, but you never know.

Reactions: Jman841
Did you get any new info?
Howdy, sorry for the delay - long weekend! No, they didn't know anything more than I did. And just this morning my EDD updated to Dec 18 - Jan 29, which is more in line with yours. Has yours shifted at all? I'm getting closer to canceling and just going back to waiting on our M3 order as it's clear something went wrong with this "inventory" MYAWD and there's likely no timeline at all for building them. How about you?

Howdy, sorry for the delay - long weekend! No, they didn't know anything more than I did. And just this morning my EDD updated to Dec 18 - Jan 29, which is more in line with yours. Has yours shifted at all? I'm getting closer to canceling and just going back to waiting on our M3 order as it's clear something went wrong with this "inventory" MYAWD and there's likely no timeline at all for building them. How about you?

Ah, interesting, No update here, I decided to cancel my M3 order as I really think the MY will be a better overall vehicle for my situation. I have a feeling that EDD will be pretty accurate and we may know more next month after AI day.

I'm also ok with waiting a bit longer as I really want to have HW4 and hoping it will be fully deployed by December.

Ah, interesting, No update here, I decided to cancel my M3 order as I really think the MY will be a better overall vehicle for my situation. I have a feeling that EDD will be pretty accurate and we may know more next month after AI day.

I'm also ok with waiting a bit longer as I really want to have HW4 and hoping it will be fully deployed by December.
Thanks for the update! I decided to keep the reservation for now as well since we don't see the harm in leaving it hanging. Even if they decide to renege on the refund offer, we're only talking about $250. In the meantime, we're monitoring the EDD on our Model 3 order and keeping our eyes peeled for used Ys and 3s. We're not desperate at all, so we'll just keep being patient until the right deal comes along or one of the orders is ready. Let me know if anything changes on your end! Thanks!

Hey! This morning my EDD now says "TBD", hopefully we get a good news update. Is yours still showing the old EDD or TBD now?

I cancelled my Model 3 order as I really think the Y makes more sense for my situation, even though I like driving the 3 more.

Hey! This morning my EDD now says "TBD", hopefully we get a good news update. Is yours still showing the old EDD or TBD now?

I cancelled my Model 3 order as I really think the Y makes more sense for my situation, even though I like driving the 3 more.
The EDD was there this morning, but I checked just now and it's gone... Desktop site says ETA like yours. Ugh, I wish somebody could tell us what's going on with these. I assume they're having issues with the 4680 batteries, but any kind of realistic timeline would be helpful. I'm now actively shopping used cars -- both 3 and Y -- because we just have no idea.

Reactions: Jman841
The EDD was there this morning, but I checked just now and it's gone... Desktop site says ETA like yours. Ugh, I wish somebody could tell us what's going on with these. I assume they're having issues with the 4680 batteries, but any kind of realistic timeline would be helpful. I'm now actively shopping used cars -- both 3 and Y -- because we just have no idea.
Yea, I may call this week if it doesn't update to see what they say. Maybe they got some new info, but unlikely.

Just got mine updated and it's slightly closer now. Date shows "Dec 14 - Jan 25" Now. Progress, I guess?

Just got mine updated and it's slightly closer now. Date shows "Dec 14 - Jan 25" Now. Progress, I guess?
Hi! I was just coming to tell you mine updated to Oct 21 - Nov 18. Interesting ours would be so far off again -- and mine is a 4 week window. I have no idea what to believe with them anymore so I'm continuing to look for 3s and used cars. I actually just reserved a demo 3 but can't figure out if it's possible to remove FSD. If it is, I'll probably buy this and be done. If not, I may wait to see how this Y thing shakes out.

Hi! I was just coming to tell you mine updated to Oct 21 - Nov 18. Interesting ours would be so far off again -- and mine is a 4 week window. I have no idea what to believe with them anymore so I'm continuing to look for 3s and used cars. I actually just reserved a demo 3 but can't figure out if it's possible to remove FSD. If it is, I'll probably buy this and be done. If not, I may wait to see how this Y thing shakes out.

That's awesome, I wonder if adding the tow hitch is delaying mine? I may call and remove it simply to get the car sooner.

Mine just updated this morning to NOV 3 to DEC 8. We will see what happens. Any updates on your end?

What's your EDD now? Mine is showing NOV 9 - NOV 23rd. Looks like it will be coming soon. I still feel like I'm buying at peak pricing and getting screwed given the price cuts in China. I wonder if I add the 7 seat option if it will delay it significantly so I can wait until 2023 since Giga Austin doesn't make the 3rd row seat yet?

What's your EDD now? Mine is showing NOV 9 - NOV 23rd. Looks like it will be coming soon. I still feel like I'm buying at peak pricing and getting screwed given the price cuts in China. I wonder if I add the 7 seat option if it will delay it significantly so I can wait until 2023 since Giga Austin doesn't make the 3rd row seat yet?
Hello! Sorry I haven't been checking this forum much as I've been out enjoying the demo Model 3 we bought at the end of September! After some back and forth I was able to cancel this MY reservation, and they've promised to refund the order fee as previously offered (although I've yet to see that). It's really too bad for Tesla that they delayed these since we would've happily bought in September as originally planned, but I sort of now agree the price to value proposition doesn't look great after the China price cuts and having driven the much, much cheaper M3 for a month now. Appreciate you keeping this thread updated and hope you eventually land what you want and when you want it!

Hello! Sorry I haven't been checking this forum much as I've been out enjoying the demo Model 3 we bought at the end of September! After some back and forth I was able to cancel this MY reservation, and they've promised to refund the order fee as previously offered (although I've yet to see that). It's really too bad for Tesla that they delayed these since we would've happily bought in September as originally planned, but I sort of now agree the price to value proposition doesn't look great after the China price cuts and having driven the much, much cheaper M3 for a month now. Appreciate you keeping this thread updated and hope you eventually land what you want and when you want it!
How are you liking the Model 3? Do you find it's big enough? We have 1 daughter who is 18 months and my only concern with the M3 is it would be too small for a growing family.

I def am not excited to pay $68k after taxes and everything for a Model Y, I don't think the prices in the US will go down though as the tax credit will effectively make it cheaper next year.

The issue is, there isn't many other options. My wife loves the Toyota Sienna, but it's a 15% mark up right now on those, so it's over $50k for a basic Sienna around here. I'de rather pay $60k for the Tesla than $50k for a Toyota.