Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range in Existing Inventory all over U.S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, based on the ones that show up for 5-10 minutes.

Last edited:
I saw that.. There's one in white here in Tampa for $39900 (100% base configuration).. Amazing deal.. That's $15k or so less than I'm paying for the long range.. I asked myself if I could live with 80 miles less range and as we are planning on going on road trips, the answer was no. 244 miles EPA = 180 miles @80 mph at best.. That means about 140 miles @ 80% charge at best. You need a little buffer, so you need to stop every 110 - 120 miles on a 80 mph road trip.. Still.. $39900 is a great deal for a new Model Y.. It's not going to last very long in inventory. I'm sure about that..

Did the price increase go into effect after this post? Or are some existing inventory cars being offered at a lower price?

I have someone offering me their MY reservation with delivery in two weeks. The price is locked in at $39,990. Considering paying him $500 for the reservation...

Did the price increase go into effect after this post? Or are some existing inventory cars being offered at a lower price?

I have someone offering me their MY reservation with delivery in two weeks. The price is locked in at $39,990. Considering paying him $500 for the reservation...
Tesla won’t allow him to transfer his reservation to you. The only way for you to get that car is to take delivery under his account and transfer the car to your account after delivery. Make sure he doesn’t have his name registered on the car either otherwise they can’t transfer the name over to a non family member. $500 a rip off as well. I wouldn’t risk paying $500.

it appears it did.. It clearly said $39990. It was a 100% base Model Y.. It was gone within seconds.. I should have snagged it and convince my wife to get it instead of her BMW i3.. but she loves her i3 and doesn't want to change it for anything.. 2 Y's in the garage would have been cool.. Right now I still also have the Hyundai Kona Electric which has amazing range, well underrated range.... but no Supercharger access.. So, eventually I'll sell the Kona but not before I get the Y..

People reported a month or two ago about being able to gift a reservation to someone else on SR Y. We almost went that route before finding another one.

I don’t think anyone is actively tracking prices of inventory cars so it would be hard to know when the price of the SR increased since it wouldn’t have been reported as being increased on the main Tesla site since it doesn’t exist on there.

People reported a month or two ago about being able to gift a reservation to someone else on SR Y. We almost went that route before finding another one.

I don’t think anyone is actively tracking prices of inventory cars so it would be hard to know when the price of the SR increased since it wouldn’t have been reported as being increased on the main Tesla site since it doesn’t exist on there.
I’m interested in knowing how the “gifting” process can be done. A member in this forum and I tried to transfer his reservation over to me and Tesla wouldn’t do it. Tried with 3 different reps as well.

I’m interested in knowing how the “gifting” process can be done. A member in this forum and I tried to transfer his reservation over to me and Tesla wouldn’t do it. Tried with 3 different reps as well.
When was that? According to our local SA it can be done. I'm currently being told I have the option to pay for it under the other buyer's account, with my registration data. Alternatively, apparently I can pay an extra $100 reservation fee and then the SA can transfer the car to mine.

It was also confirmed in one of the other SR threads back in March I believe, when there were a lot of SR in inventory and Tesla had just started to say that they would honor all prior orders but production would be delayed into April/May. I think it is one of the waiting room threads but not sure.

When was that? According to our local SA it can be done. I'm currently being told I have the option to pay for it under the other buyer's account, with my registration data. Alternatively, apparently I can pay an extra $100 reservation fee and then the SA can transfer the car to mine.
This was back in the end of March. If you can get it done that would be amazing. From what I know it is not possible to transfer a reservation from one account to another. Many people have tried and all failed. I haven't read anyone had a successful transfer- If yes, correct me.

One way that this could viable is that the person allows you to take over his account and you can change the name and email to yours in the profile setting. This however requires the current reservation holder to leave the "Registration" portion blank and then you can fill your name as a register owner.

On another note, you can't make a new reservation for the SR since it's not in the configurator. You can try to snag an inventory model if there was one available.

Best of Luck!

This was back in the end of March. If you can get it done that would be amazing. From what I know it is not possible to transfer a reservation from one account to another. Many people have tried and all failed. I haven't read anyone had a successful transfer- If yes, correct me.

One way that this could viable is that the person allows you to take over his account and you can change the name and email to yours in the profile setting. This however requires the current reservation holder to leave the "Registration" portion blank and then you can fill your name as a register owner.

On another note, you can't make a new reservation for the SR since it's not in the configurator. You can try to snag an inventory model if there was one available.

Best of Luck!

If you go to the previous page you’ll see the start but that post confirms that they were able to transfer to another TMC member.

Buying my first tesla. Snagged a SR Y in red! I'm waiting on a call back from the SA on the price though. Id like to see how they explain the line items say "RWD included" but then add the 3K for RWD.

Capture.JPG

Buying my first tesla. Snagged a SR Y in red! I'm waiting on a call back from the SA on the price though. Id like to see how they explain the line items say "RWD included" but then add the 3K for RWD.

View attachment 658384
Looks like they're hitting you with the price increase of the SR that were on again, off again, on again. It was my understanding that the $39,990 was a limited time and then they reverted some of these back to the $41,990 plus an additional $1,000 to account for two rounds of $500 price increases. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

idk. if the base price changes, then change it there...not on an additional line item! I guess it should have a "batteries not included" sticker, and then the add line item. perhaps I'll create a twitter account just to poke Elon Musk

Looks like they're hitting you with the price increase of the SR that were on again, off again, on again. It was my understanding that the $39,990 was a limited time and then they reverted some of these back to the $41,990 plus an additional $1,000 to account for two rounds of $500 price increases. Not sure if that makes sense or not.
Whew this had me worriedly checking my reservation. Can confirm my MYSR reservation hasn't changed in price, at least!

Reactions: FinsToTheSouth