Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard range trade in value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to share, if anyone interested, seems pretty low.
I paid 38k (35k plus 3k autopilot)
Screenshot (407).png

Trade in values are notoriously low for all cars and dealers. You do save on some sales tax by trading in, but I've always found private party is the way to go. I received multiple trade in quotes for my previous vehicle around 13k and sold it myself for more than double that. It takes some effort, but is certainly worth it when you're talking about that much cash.

As far as Teslas go, I was checking the used market a few months ago and there wasn't a single model 3 (with a clean title) available for under 30k. In fact, there really weren't any for under 34k. They seem to hold their value extremely well. I'd recommend putting it on Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, and posting it here in the marketplace classifieds.

Reactions: smashcz
Thats roughly 65% residual value left, trading into tesla, on a vehicle with 45k miles that is almost 2 years old.
Yeah I was going to say, that doesn't actually seem that bad, especially if you're getting a net 6% benefit or so by offsetting sales tax. As others have mentioned, I bet the OP could get $30k or so by selling private party. Personally I would almost always sell private party. Yeah there's the "hassle factor", but I don't value my time so highly that avoiding a few hours of work is worth giving up several thousand dollars in cash.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ