Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Status of order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a M3 LR a week ago. I’m trying to see if I need to do anything else to move it along and have a car assigned to me eventually. I entered all my info under Delivery Location, Registration and my trade in. I received an offer on my trade in, but did not accept nor deny it, since I’m trying to see if I can get a higher offer from CarMax. I also did not enter my Credit info since I’m not planning on getting the car until June/July and want one from Factory and not located from dealer lot. Definitely don’t want a unnecessary hit to my Credit yet, So with the order actually placed, Location and Registration filled am I good to go?

Once you figure out your trade in, as long as everything else is filled out you will be fine. You don’t need to pay for it ahead of time and I suggest you don’t in case the car is a mess. It’s hard, but waiting patiently and not calling for updates is the best thing to do. Trying to get info on a car that’s not even made yet is hard. Just be patient and one day you will get the call. I see people on here say they ordered their car with a 3-4 week wait and they start blowing up everyone at Tesla the first week. These people only get angry. Treat it like an amazon package and start to worry after the wait time is over.

Yea, I’m not planning on busting there balls to get a status on the car. It gets here when it gets here. Plus I understand the factory is basically shutdown. I just wanted to make sure I did all that was needed to get the ball rolling. Thanks for replies!