Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Performance Now Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who wouldn't want the upgrade!?!

The only thing I can think of (if this isn't a mistake on Tesla's part) is that now that the vehicle without the package has 322 miles of range, rather than 299 miles of range, they're trying to convince people to pay the same price for both? Makes little sense to me, but I suppose it might trick some people.

But basically you get "More range" or "Less Range with Some Useless Goodies to offset it" (To be clear Track Mode is not useless but it's not clear what you get.)

I don't think this is likely. My guess is it's all messed up, since currently it's far from clear what you get without the upgrade package. I guess we'll see.

So they are removing track mode from the P3D- now? I wonder if I still have that feature on my older P3D-?

doubt it, they never remove features on cars that already have them, and tbh that sounds kind of illegal too.

The only thing I can think of (if this isn't a mistake on Tesla's part) is that now that the vehicle without the package has 322 miles of range, rather than 299 miles of range, they're trying to convince people to pay the same price for both? Makes little sense to me, but I suppose it might trick some people.

But basically you get "More range" or "Less Range with Some Useless Goodies to offset it" (To be clear Track Mode is not useless but it's not clear what you get.)

I don't think this is likely. My guess is it's all messed up, since currently it's far from clear what you get without the upgrade package. I guess we'll see.

You may be able to recover that range if you replace the 20 inch wheels with aftermarket 18 inch wheels. Not too sure though.

Last edited:
Reactions: inikkor
Also makes the 2k LR AWD acceleration boost a decent deal again.

Especially since it looks like the P3D- no longer gets track mode (since they specifically list TM as something the Performance Upgrade adds now)

I guess we'll see. Weren't there 2020 Performance Stealth models delivered end of last year with Track Mode? What would happen with those?

I wonder if Tesla is doing this to “incentivize” people to put in their order rather than continue to wait for a stealth to show up. Maybe too many people were pestering SAs to help them find a stealth. Now, these folks might purchase an AWD and add the performance boost.

Looking at the Model Y configurator to see if it had the same option (it does), I noticed they changed the performance wheels on them.
dgrmRGd.png

They also changed the standard wheels and no longer offer the 18 inch wheels. The new standard is 19 inches with an optional $2000 upgrade to 20 inches (which arent the same as the performance 20 inch wheels)

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Looking at the Model Y configurator to see if it had the same option (it does), I noticed they changed the performance wheels on them.
dgrmRGd.png

They also changed the standard wheels and no longer offer the 18 inch wheels. The new standard is 19 inches with an optional $2000 upgrade to 20 inches (which arent the same as the performance 20 inch wheels)

Also, the model Y performance upgrade wheels are 21’’ Überturbine Wheels.

I'd assume anybody who has it keeps it- just like 2018 buyers who already had EAP kept it even though it's not sold anymore

Yeah. We'll see how this all settles out. Just seems a bit strange that the Stealth went from the best deal to the worst deal - though with the acceleration boost I would not have been surprised to see some price bump - but the same price as the 3P+? Seems weird.

This is what is really frustrating about the ordering system now. You can't order even simple things like wheels à la carte.

I do not like the new trend of running ultra-low profile wheels on street cars and trucks. Yes trucks too are infected with 22's with rubber band tires.

Reactions: bhzmark
Yeah, pretty much looks like the Stealth is now the most expensive (by far!) it has ever been, after accounting for credits and other adjustments (it maxed out at $64k before, but those people got $5k back or FUSC). It's a terrible, terrible deal. Thanks to @GenSao for his data tracking, guess he'll probably update this sometime soon.

Tesla Car Specs