Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Performance Now Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But it costs as much as the regular performance version... whoever ended up with a stealth, congrats! Your car just appreciated in value.

64631873-DE29-4E57-A9C1-57F37B0B08FB.png

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Stealth was the best value and Tesla must've realized they had to capitalize on demand. I know that most people wanted it so that they didn't have to get 20" wheels or put their own wheels on but for me the price was by far it's biggest advantage!

Reactions: Msjulie
299 mile range for a performance+ while the stealth has 322. Interesting trade off. I don't see why the price is the same for both given the costs for everything the P+ has. My guess is to increase profits since people would be paying the same money for less.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
So they are removing track mode from the P3D- now? I wonder if I still have that feature on my older P3D-

No update has removed my track mode; I'm inclined to believe it's just a website thing. Fingers crossed they don't bother to remove track mode just cause you don't get Tesla's brake kit etc. It's pretty clear a fair number of folks do track these cars and improve the brakes etc beyond what Tesla offered and Track mode is required! :)

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
299 mile range for a performance+ while the stealth has 322. Interesting trade off. I don't see why the price is the same for both given the costs for everything the P+ has. My guess is to increase profits since people would be paying the same money for less.

Also makes the 2k LR AWD acceleration boost a decent deal again.

Especially since it looks like the P3D- no longer gets track mode (since they specifically list TM as something the Performance Upgrade adds now)

So they are removing track mode from the P3D- now? I wonder if I still have that feature on my older P3D-

As usual with Tesla, it's totally ambiguous based on the way the website displays it. It shows you get everything even without selecting the option (which obviously isn't true - though admittedly those features are listed below that option so presumably are all included in that package). But then when you click the option another "performance option" dropdown appears. If you click on the website to "show those details", if you were literally interpreting what was going on, I guess you might conclude that the Performance upgrade package includes ONLY this stuff. But frankly it's all screwed up:

I would not read too much into this. So we've gotten rid of the questions about 322 mile and 299 range, and now we'll have 7 new threads about whether Track Mode is included on the Stealth or not. Good news is that Groundhog Day is coming up. I'm going to put myself out there on the side of "Track Mode is still included with the Stealth."
Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 4.36.29 PM.png

Last edited:
No update has removed my track mode; I'm inclined to believe it's just a website thing. Fingers crossed they don't bother to remove track mode just cause you don't get Tesla's brake kit etc. It's pretty clear a fair number of folks do track these cars and improve the brakes etc beyond what Tesla offered and Track mode is required! :)
Since they are both the same price now, maybe they should include the spoiler
As usual with Tesla, it's totally ambiguous based on the way the website displays it. It shows you get everything even without selecting the option (which obviously isn't true). But then when you click the option another "performance option" dropdown appears. If you click on the website to "show those details", if you were literally interpreting what was going on, I guess you might conclude that the Performance upgrade package includes ONLY this stuff. But frankly it's all screwed up:

I would not read too much into this. So we've gotten rid of the questions about 322 mile and 299 range, and now we'll have 7 new threads about whether Track Mode is included on the Stealth or not. Good news is that Groundhog Day is coming up.
Are the older cars actually 322 mile rated now too? It's possible they will no longer offer track mode, but if they do then they should remove it from the performance upgrade listing as that is technically not part of the performance upgrade now.

Also price should be lower for not performance upgrade since well, the wheels and brakes are cheaper and you also get aluminum pedals and spoiler with the upgrade. Who wouldn't want the upgrade!?!

Also makes the 2k LR AWD acceleration boost a decent deal again.

Especially since it looks like the P3D- no longer gets track mode (since they specifically list TM as something the Performance Upgrade adds now)
I don't think that is the case I was thinking the same thing about the top speed. but when you click it you see a new drop down that lists only brakes spoiler and pedals. so those are the things a person would be paying for and not getting. also the smaller tires are cheaper as well... i think trackmode and the higher top speed are still apart of it. only reason you get better ranges is because of the smaller tires.

Are the older cars actually 322 mile rated now too?

No one knows. But likely they will never actually display 322 miles. Even the 2020s don't display 322 miles yet (not that it matters at all, necessarily) - they seem to display 314 miles instead...(odd). Assuming a software upgrade comes out for the 2020s that actually updates them to 322 miles, then we'll have a better idea of whether they are going to mess around with older vehicles. (They may well improve efficiency on older vehicles, but that doesn't mean any of these displayed numbers have to change.)