Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam integration for Model S built after Feb 2022 only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was advertised with Cyberpunk running on the screen in numerous materials - one of the more demanding games out there. No, not Steam specifically, but Elon advertised “Gaming equivalent to a PS5”..
I don’t think that’s quite the same. And yes, it does have gaming equivalent (sort of) to a PS5. You can see that performance in the Beach Buggy Racing, - much smoother than the Model 3/Y versions etc. I think that Tesla wasn’t explicit enough in what they “advertised” for there to be a lawsuit, but I’m no lawyer.

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit
I don’t think that’s quite the same. And yes, it does have gaming equivalent (sort of) to a PS5. You can see that performance in the Beach Buggy Racing, - much smoother than the Model 3/Y versions etc. I think that Tesla wasn’t explicit enough in what they “advertised” for there to be a lawsuit, but I’m no lawyer.

I really, really don’t think screenshots of Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 can be answered with “Beach Buggy Racing runs smoother, so we gave what was advertised.”

That would be a bit rich, even for Elon.

I really, really don’t think screenshots of Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 can be answered with “Beach Buggy Racing runs smoother, so we gave what was advertised.”

That would be a bit rich, even for Elon.
Would it, though? I mean, look at FSD…

Oh, and the 200mph Plaid. Near 2 years later and nope, AND you now have to buy more stuff to achieve it… someday.

Reactions: Ramphex
That’s good news, as you are clearly before the refreshed-refresh period in mid Feb. I am just before that cutoff by about a week, with the old lights. I won’t get the update for awhile as I’m on FSD Beta, but it sounds like there may be some hope for early refresh!
I confirmed we have 16 GB of Infotainment RAM as well, which others said wasn't added until February 2022.

My car got delivered in Jan of 2022, I can confirm steam working and installed on my car. Looks like it's SteamOS (same as the steamdeck), my car also has the old lights/charge port as well.
Things are looking up for my January 2022 build ...

1671043384869.png

• Funny
Reactions: B@ndit and Evee
They switched from 8gb to 16gb of ram and from 128gb to 256gb of storage in mid-February I believe
This is somewhat infuriating, as it was all over the marketing materials when I ordered the Model S I received in September 2021. I wonder how much we'll be charged to retrofit and get what we were originally promised.