Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam integration for Model S built after Feb 2022 only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More info here 2022.44.25 You can determine if your car supports Steam with 16GB RAM. Go to software in your car and click Additional vehicle information. Steam is for gamers and disables the car. Not for me, i will uninstall. I have a Feb 2022 MSLR.View attachment 885024View attachment 885027

And we’ve confirmed there are folks with 2021 S’s that show 8GB in this spot?

Again, can’t test since I’m on FSD, but curious what others are seeing.

Oh give me a break and stop being a clever jerk. It was specifically advertised that you could “play Cyberpunk on your Tesla.” Apologists like yourself are ridiculous. It was a listed freaking feature, not an incidental serving suggestion. If you want to apologize for Tesla’s horrible follow-through this isn’t the one to die on. It was literally one of the biggest new “features” of the refresh.
As asked before WHERE WAS IT ADVERTISED?

On the Tesla.com website and by Elon himself.

If you’re going to think splitting hairs about “Steam in particular vs some other delivery mechanism” then it’s clear you A) don’t know what you’re talking about and B) aren’t discussing in good faith - the delivery mechanism is irrelevant.

The crux is the 2021 Refresh was specifically advertised as being to play AAA games and specific ones at that, and we are now being shown that is not the case.

Reactions: Xenopotamus
On the Tesla.com website and by Elon himself.

If you’re going to think splitting hairs about “Steam in particular vs some other delivery mechanism” then it’s clear you A) don’t know what you’re talking about and B) aren’t discussing in good faith - the delivery mechanism is irrelevant.

The crux is the 2021 Refresh was specifically advertised as being to play AAA games and specific ones at that, and we are now being shown that is not the case.
I hear you and don’t even really disagree. But I’m used to lawyer speak and this isn’t close to the main BS spoken about this car.

That's a really clever response since Tesla doesn't advertise period because Elon himself is the promoter/ advertiser in chief. Elon and Tesla has said enough about this that it doesn't matter.

Remember, they announced that the new Model S will have advanced gaming and even did a joint announcement with AMD touting the PS5 level of gaming performance in the Refreshed S (prior to launch). They then included Witcher 3 screens (just like the Ocean given the context) on the product pages showing the interior of the refreshed S from the beginning.

Finally, at the launch party which was covered by the invited media and YouTubers (ugh), they had demos set up for people to play Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk with Elon again touting (advertising, bragging about, illustrating, or whatever) the gaming capabilities of the Refreshed S.

To be fair, Elon did Tweet (for what that's worth now) that a retrofit would be available so I am not upset or concerned yet.

Crap, he could have just rolled out Witcher 3 and maybe a few other games (and created an app store to sell and make money on Tesla car only versions of these games) and that would be what I was kind-of expecting based on what was announced at launch. Steam integration is MUCH BETTER and opens up for many of us our existing library of games. If I have to pay the cost of a game or 2 or 3 to get the retrofit, I won't be happy (at all) but will most likely end up saving money in the long run and getting more games than I would have if Tesla had created its own game app store to sell us a handful of games.

We have a few examples of earliesh cars getting Steam (built well before Feb 22), making it sound like it might not be an issue. Do we have any confirmed examples yet of early refresh cars not getting steam with the update?

I know we are going off what Elon said, but just wondering based on some encouraging examples thus far whether we are worried about nothing?

Reactions: leonwu