Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam integration for Model S built after Feb 2022 only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well after talking to service center, look like there is some flag in the eco to enable steam and that mine is not enabled and nothing can really be done about it..

I guess I'll have a UNICORN model S with 16gb. and NO STEAM

Kinda stupid/ ridiculous. but ... hey ... Tesla.
That’s absolutely silly. So those that pay 2K for the 16gb update seems like they won’t get steam either way as well.

Reactions: jebinc
Not to be mean, but can we not muck up this thread with people who have 16gb cars and got steam going back and forth about details of Steam on their cars? Would be good to keep this for info on upgrades / retrofit news. Y’all who do have it have plenty of places to talk about how lucky you are. :(

Ok, but I'm not feeling lucky. 3 for 4 games don't work for me.

Well after talking to service center, look like there is some flag in the eco to enable steam and that mine is not enabled and nothing can really be done about it..

Kinda stupid/ ridiculous. but ... hey ... Tesla.

I find that hard to believe, much harder than the possibility of the SvC staff are misinformed or just plain lying to you...

I wonder if your car has 128 GB flash. There has been speculation that it requires 256 GB and it's not clear if the 256 GB flash and 16 GB ram occurred a the same time. Perhaps there was a short period of production with 128 GB flash and 16 GB RAM which would not qualify for Steam. So far, I'm not aware of a way to confirm the amount of flash memory in MCUZ.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I wonder if your car has 128 GB flash. There has been speculation that it requires 256 GB and it's not clear if the 256 GB flash and 16 GB ram occurred a the same time. Perhaps there was a short period of production with 128 GB flash and 16 GB RAM which would not qualify for Steam. So far, I'm not aware of a way to confirm the amount of flash memory in MCUZ.
Is there a way to know which storage I have ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230110_173744_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230110_173744_Gallery.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 116
flag in the eco
What's "eco"? Did they communicate this about a flag in writing or verbally. I've talked to the SC in person before. When I got home I used the app to ask them to write it down in a reply in the app. Don't lead them, don't mention flag or eco. Just ask them "to reiterate what you talked about so you can understand better". Do this and show us what they write.

Last edited: