Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel and floor vibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Model S P85 No-AP

Replaced bent rims 2 months ago, had alignment and balancing done. Replaced 1/2 seized parking brake calipers.(waiting on delivery to install the other)Just replaced both stabilizer links in the front, RH front was torn.

I also noticed one rear wheel is more forward than the other by 1/4 of an inch. Would this be the cause of my floor vibration? Im thinking of realigning my hood and re torquing some front suspension nuts... Also might try removing front license plate to test for any aerodynamic improvement(i zap strapped it to front lower grille)

Any other ideas? I've been trying to solve this vibration issue for months with only partial improvements since replacing the wheels.. I have Toyo Extensa HP 2 all season tires on Replika 241 20" rims.

99% of the time where I've had speed dependent (same at a specific speed range) vibration issues? It was wheel/tire related. Even when it didnt look bent, was a slightly bent wheel.

Or lower quality tires where QC isnt consistent.

Have you tried swapping wheel from one corner to another/swapping around to test?

Reactions: dekuramen
So it turns out that my front right rim was bent.. Didn't think to check since they were so new. Getting fixed on Monday by Panther Precision in Surrey, BC. Luckily I have a spare wheel.

A few other wheels need a re-balance too. I am super relieved that it is not a suspension issue.

Attachments

• 20200529_130559.jpg
    20200529_130559.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 178
Got the wheel back and a 4 wheel balance done. It feels so much better! Stabilizer links definitely helped too. Still some feel in the steering wheel. Not as bad of vibrations as when I park and run the climate control. Will get alignment checked soon. One lower control arm bushing has slight cracking but should be fine for some time.

Attachments

• 20200414_125652.jpg
    20200414_125652.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 74