Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel is offset or just me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i mean ive had 4 cars that came from factory with the wheel offset, alignment was perfect, dealers tried to fix steering wheel position came back exactly the same, this was with VW and audi and a porsche so in reality 99 percent of the time its normal and fine. a steering wheel 3 degrees offset with a perfect alignment is not gonna cause any issues, ive been in plenty of tesla with the same offset wheel from factory and brought to tesla and came back exactly the same
Can add Acura, Infiniti, and Mercedes to this list... :D

haha yup it happens and be it not"normal" about 99 percent of the time its a none issue cause you are rarely ever driving dead straight, not if the alignment is off and your cars pulling yes thats an issue.
It is definitely an annoyance for sure, and if it actually a problem and was not caught in time, the abnormal wear on the tires is costly. I may take it elsewhere just to have it checked out again. I just worry about taking it to Tesla (never worried like this before with any other make), because my car has come back with cosmetic and other issues the last three times I've taken it in...

It is definitely an annoyance for sure, and if it actually a problem and was not caught in time, the abnormal wear on the tires is costly. I may take it elsewhere just to have it checked out again. I just worry about taking it to Tesla (never worried like this before with any other make), because my car has come back with cosmetic and other issues the last three times I've taken it in...
thats a shame yeah i mean if you notice uneven wear any reputable shop can do it for about 125. i got my Y a month ago and from start had a clunk here and there, turns out both my front end links were not bolted down at all and had bent because of it and they had to replace both, Experience was very well but i had the offset steering wheel from the start

Reactions: PeteOC
These cars simply do not come aligned from the factory.

If you don’t catch it in the first 100 miles Tesla will charge you to fix their production shortcuts. Most people probably don’t catch it in time.

Welcome to Tesla ownership.
I’m mad because I did notice mine pretty instantly but it was minor so at first I didn’t care but now that it got annoying after 1,000 miles I have reported it and they’re also trying to charge me. I just don’t get why when it’s technically under warranty.

I’m mad because I did notice mine pretty instantly but it was minor so at first I didn’t care but now that it got annoying after 1,000 miles I have reported it and they’re also trying to charge me. I just don’t get why when it’s technically under warranty.
Because after 1000 miles there are many things that could happen to throw off your alignment.

Reactions: Pianewman