Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel marks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7008.JPG
Noticed these marks last week and now it is teared. Anyone else had this problem?

Not wearing a ring, so it cant ve that :p

Reactions: beachmiles
Try some Gold Bond hand cream. Maybe your hands are too rough for the supple leather. :D On the serious side, you could treat with a leather conditioner in hopes that it will make the current damage look less, and maybe protect any future issues. Otherwise, time to ask your service center what they think/can do.:confused:

Try some Gold Bond hand cream. Maybe your hands are too rough for the supple leather. :D On the serious side, you could treat with a leather conditioner in hopes that it will make the current damage look less, and maybe protect any future issues. Otherwise, time to ask your service center what they think/can do.:confused:
I have silky smooth hands

Starting to hate all the faults on the car

i have this issue with the piece of metal near the of the pocket of my jeans, i made a heavy scratch in the steering wheel, i use a sandpaper, the sandpaper with the little grain, and very carefully sand the leather, after this i put some hand cream, and now it's perfect, but my scratch seams worst than yours.

Yes, I have the exact same marks, probably a bit worse than your picture. Mine are only on the bottom of the wheel (when centered) and I have come to believe it's from my jeans rubbing on the wheel as I enter/exit the car.

FWIW, when a car gets a front end alignment, the techs center up the steering wheel and then lock it into place with a device that grabs the bottom of the steering wheel with a vertical rod and a pad that presses down on the driver's seat. I have seen this put small rubs/scratches in the leather at the bottom edge.