Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sticky Residue on Weather Stripping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I safely remove this without damaging the weatherstrip? Looks like just some excess glue from the window triangle weather stripping:
7A1BEAF7-FA9E-42BE-8AD2-DB82D9B61FE3.jpeg

13829D99-D406-423A-A029-2D9485D06767.jpeg

I had the same problem and used something like Goo Gone. Unfortunately it pulled so hard on my window tint on the small window that it needs to be redone.
I had the exact same problem!!!!! The residue is pulling my window tint on that triangle window area. I found out early enough so I cleaned up the residue with alcohol wipe. Now I use scotch tape to cover the edge of my window tint at that area. Hopefully the tint is still sticky enough so I don't have to redo it.

Same thing happened to me, pulled my tint off and it’s as if the sticky stuff is in the stripping. I tried scraping it off and it started taking the rubber off. I put a piece of electrical tape on there for now and it’s fine. Nice craftsmanship for a $130k+ car.

Same here but only on my passenger side. Was pulling my tint back. Caught it early. Rubbing alcohol combined with a razor blade to just skim a fraction of a millimeter off and that seemed to solve the stickiness.