Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on 2023.2.12...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car came with FSD (used from Tesla inventory cars in Canada all get FSD usually)

I bought my car used from Tesla and it came with FSD. One of the reasons I bought that one.

That's weird. I thought 2023.2.12 wasn't an FSD branch, that's why I thought maybe you guys did the FSD subscription after getting 2023.2.12. I was on that version and I don't have FSD.

I wonder if I do the FSD subscription now I would get 2023.12.10? We're going on a road trip this weekend so it might be worthwhile to get it for the trip and try FSD-beta for a month. But I'm guessing if I do the subscription I most likely will only get the EAP stuff and then get screwed out of newer updates on the regular branch. 😩

That's weird. I thought 2023.2.12 wasn't an FSD branch, that's why I thought maybe you guys did the FSD subscription after getting 2023.2.12. I was on that version and I don't have FSD.

I wonder if I do the FSD subscription now I would get 2023.12.10? We're going on a road trip this weekend so it might be worthwhile to get it for the trip and try FSD-beta for a month. But I'm guessing if I do the subscription I most likely will only get the EAP stuff and then get screwed out of newer updates on the regular branch. 😩
2023.2.12 isn't an FSD branch. That's why the car didn't have FSD Beta until last night.

If you are on 23.2.12, then you've got to wait for the FSD branch to merge in, because you are on the non-FSD branch. The FSD branch are 2022 dates, so you are actually way ahead of the FSD branch.

There may be releases ahead of yours, but you can't assume that they are for your specific car or that you've been selected for the update. It often seems like black magic and it often seems as if you are being picked on.

Simply put, in general, the car will get it when it is ready. All worrying that you is for nothing.
You are not the first and you are not the last.
Turns out this wasn’t the problem at all (as I already suspected back when posting about this).

The car had an issue while downloading the upgrade from 2023.2.12 which meant that the download was stuck (invisible to the user) in an infinite and failing loop as it was trying to download from the wrong location.

Tesla CS did an OTA push of the correct download yesterday and the car is now on 2023.12.9 which in turn also fixed Apple Music.