Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on 2023.2.12...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still stuck, been checking daily on the software screen, got another 24 wait ahead.

9.9% left on this version for my build, according to teslafi.

Have a trip next week really wanted to use FSD beta, hope it pops
FYI, fsd beta's next branch version will be on the 2023.6 branch. So if you want to get fsd beta, your car needs to be at the same branch level when you request it, otherwise you will have to wait till fsd branch catches up with the main branch.

If you are on 2023.6 right now, wait to update till fsd is officially released on that branch before subscribing. Otherwise its a wasted money.

FYI, fsd beta's next branch version will be on the 2023.6 branch. So if you want to get fsd beta, your car needs to be at the same branch level when you request it, otherwise you will have to wait till fsd branch catches up with the main branch.

If you are on 2023.6 right now, wait to update till fsd is officially released on that branch before subscribing. Otherwise its a wasted money.
The issue is that I'm already subscribed for the month, have been for 2 months, so can't drop it to change the update cycle

Silly thing is: when new (August 22) the car got updates almost immediately even on “standard” priority. Now I have it on “advanced priority” and it’s been dead slow with updates.

That has nothing to do with it. What you are seeing is the varying frequency of updates. Over the last 5 years that I've experienced them, Tesla updates come at varying frequency. There have been a number of periods where cars seem to update just about weekly and then other periods where it has been over three months between updates.

Right now we are in one of the slow periods. This is common when it comes to major updates. As soon as they get the two branches merged together and out the door, I suspect update frequency will increase. But until then, you can expect a dearth of updates.

That has nothing to do with it. What you are seeing is the varying frequency of updates. Over the last 5 years that I've experienced them, Tesla updates come at varying frequency. There have been a number of periods where cars seem to update just about weekly and then other periods where it has been over three months between updates.

Right now we are in one of the slow periods. This is common when it comes to major updates. As soon as they get the two branches merged together and out the door, I suspect update frequency will increase. But until then, you can expect a dearth of updates.
That's fine, however it's not a question of a dearth of updates, it's the fact there are several versions higher than the one we're on. Currently I'm in the group of 4.8% still on 23.2.12 on Teslafi for my build type, and it's not because I'm deferring updates.
I'll be happy to wait for new versions as they cycle in, I'm just not best pleased to have rented FSD and not able to use the newer features introduced in the past 70 days and 5+ versions

That's fine, however it's not a question of a dearth of updates, it's the fact there are several versions higher than the one we're on. Currently I'm in the group of 4.8% still on 23.2.12 on Teslafi for my build type, and it's not because I'm deferring updates.
I'll be happy to wait for new versions as they cycle in, I'm just not best pleased to have rented FSD and not able to use the newer features introduced in the past 70 days and 5+ versions

If you are on 23.2.12, then you've got to wait for the FSD branch to merge in, because you are on the non-FSD branch. The FSD branch are 2022 dates, so you are actually way ahead of the FSD branch.

There may be releases ahead of yours, but you can't assume that they are for your specific car or that you've been selected for the update. It often seems like black magic and it often seems as if you are being picked on.

Simply put, in general, the car will get it when it is ready. All worrying that you is for nothing.
You are not the first and you are not the last.