Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stock holder option to jump in line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did any of you take the option to jump to the head of the line because you own TSLA stock? I was tempted. $100k is about my limit but I really want a Cyberbeast for that money and not an AWD. The Foundation series markup is too high for me but it would be so much fun to have a Cybertruck now-ish while they are still so rare. It will probably be 2025 before my res number comes up.

I prefer to wait until the quality improves instead paying a penalty to be first.

Not only will that penalty be increase by depreciation, it will also hurt more when the inevitable price decreases come next year or sales to bump demand.
I'm waiting as well but I'm still jealous of the people getting theirs now. I have a 2020 Model Y performance and by being first, missed out on a bunch of features such as heated steering wheel, longer range, double paned glass, and many more. I still love it however and just keep reminding myself it will be worth the wait :)