Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stolen Tesla X Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am saddened to report a stolen Tesla X Plaid, red - top trim level. Everyone thinks it's not true, but it's a fact. The thieves first remove the frame, then return and after breaking and removing the driver's window, they need about 20 minutes to drive off with the car. Finally I got a message on the phone that a key has been added. After numerous letters to Tesla on all sorts of emails - I got a reply that they can't do anything about it... I have been without my beloved red Tesla for almost two months now. How can it possibly evaporate!? And how come Tesla can't say anything, even during the theft? I think there should be some kind of logs. It is strange how the car's car does not set off any alarm and why the thieves do not open any of the doors but enter and exit through the window.
What bothers me the most is that Tesla is not cooperating in any way and as if this is a normal thing... How can I be sure that if I buy a Plaid again it will be protected?
How many Tesla Plaid reds are there in Europe? How the most protected electric car became a victim and disappeared like smoke in a chimney, why does Tesla not cooperate in any way!?

Are the laws different in Bulgaria? Can't the police get a subpoena and force Tesla to use geo location? Or thieves take out SIM card and kill LTE connection to car? While it's being transported to another country or take apart for parts.
I think law enforcement should/will be able to force Tesla to do something. If nothing's happening, sounds like the police don't care or know how to go about requesting the right info.

-ThinkMac-

I am saddened to report a stolen Tesla X Plaid, red - top trim level. Everyone thinks it's not true, but it's a fact. The thieves first remove the frame, then return and after breaking and removing the driver's window, they need about 20 minutes to drive off with the car. Finally I got a message on the phone that a key has been added. After numerous letters to Tesla on all sorts of emails - I got a reply that they can't do anything about it... I have been without my beloved red Tesla for almost two months now. How can it possibly evaporate!? And how come Tesla can't say anything, even during the theft? I think there should be some kind of logs. It is strange how the car's car does not set off any alarm and why the thieves do not open any of the doors but enter and exit through the window.
What bothers me the most is that Tesla is not cooperating in any way and as if this is a normal thing... How can I be sure that if I buy a Plaid again it will be protected?
How many Tesla Plaid reds are there in Europe? How the most protected electric car became a victim and disappeared like smoke in a chimney, why does Tesla not cooperate in any way!?
Can you confirm you had PIN to drive enabled?

Reactions: WyoDude
how are they able to a new key without your RFID key? that might be some serious flaw from Tesla if thieves can just add new keys without the original RFID card, I thought that was the safety measure.

-ThinkMac-
Consider that the orignal cars from the factory have never had a key paired with them. There is a process to do it. Likely someone knows that process.

Reactions: Smileysam
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to the questions. Tesla is not saying anything. That's why I decided to share so that more people know that there is a serious problem. Already a month and a half no attention to the problem, I repeat again that it is about X Plaid 2023, which should be the most protected.

Wait. Is this a grey market car?

How is it not paired with a key from the factory? You get 2 RFID cards from factory. You can pair new physical keys or add virtual mobile device keys with the RFID card, as far as I know, this is only way to add NEW keys. Or Tesla can set up new RFID cards.

this is a new car you ordered direct from Tesla and delivered to you without RFID key cards?

Not picking on you, just saying the logic that Tesla is not helping doesn't make sense, unless we're missing some information here.

-ThinkMac-

Brand new car bought from Austria with two cards. Everything sounds amazing - as well as when you see that it is not in its parking space. And then on the recordings from the cameras you see the whole process of the theft. Then after it was stolen and I called the Tesla helpline they gave me an email to send a description of the case. After the call, I received an email to rate the service from Tesla, and after emailing them, I received an automated response saying that this email is not being verified. Great, right!? Otherwise, the Tesla X Plaid is a great electric car, but Tesla's service and support is zero!