Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Carfax Report? Help?😅

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am attaching a picture of the carfax.

Hello, I am looking at purchasing this 2022 Tesla Model 3. The carfax shows 2 owners. The 2nd half of the car shows, "Dealer took title of this
vehicle while it was in inventory". The first owner drove to 9,670 miles.

This is all under Owner 2: It shows new owner reported (2 owner) on 12/22/2023. On 1/30/2024
at 9,670 miles it was serviced at AutoNation. On 3/21/2024 it shows "Vehicle Purchase Reported"
in Montana. The vehicle where I am purchasing is in Texas. On 3/26/2024, it shows title issued or updated in Montana with 24,012 miles with "Dealer took title of this vehicle while it
was in inventory. Does this not look extremely weird or concerning?
fnot, can someone explain to me please? How such a huge mileage jump 1/30/2024 to 3/26/2024? What's the "Dealer took title of this vehicle while it was in inventory". I am not
purchasing it from AutoNation either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240424_030443_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_030443_Chrome.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 8
Montana is one of the states that is used for title washing:

I wouldnt buy that car, and OP your instincts are telling you not to buy it either. Listen to them.

Montana is one of the states that is used for title washing:

I wouldnt buy that car, and OP your instincts are telling you not to buy it either. Listen to them.
I gotta agree with JJ. If your "Spidey Senses" are tingling, it is a good sign they're doing their job. "Danger Will Robinson"....