Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange next steps email from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night, sent around 1am, was an email asking for me to confirm next steps to get ready...

Delivery location, drivers license, insurance, financing.
- I have done all of this already.

I go to my account and it’s all already there...

One of the links in the email even takes me to my account page.

Wondering if I am getting phished...

Last night, sent around 1am, was an email asking for me to confirm next steps to get ready...

Delivery location, drivers license, insurance, financing.
- I have done all of this already.

I go to my account and it’s all already there...

One of the links in the email even takes me to my account page.

Wondering if I am getting phished...
They just want you to confirm things are correct. I probably got asked 4 or 5 times to confirm everything was correct...even a day or two before delivery.

Probably not. They routinely ask this of buyers (and we got a similar email at one point before we got our car) since people do change things mid-stream. Could be related to:

how you're taking title (everyone needs to be there in person);
whether you still have a trade in (we were going this route and then decided to sell our car to CarMax a week or so before we were contacted with our final delivery date);
any last minute financing arrangements; and
people simply changing their minds about black seats or white seat, AWD with or without Performance or even car color.

Quite a few people here on the forum have made changes after ordering or filling out the necessary areas of the checklist and we're just a small sampling of what probably is happening as a whole across the country.

Our account for the longest time didn't show a Trade-in figure even after we had submitted it promptly with photos and all. And we saw it completed in our account. We talked to our local stores' DA and he was able to pull up our account and told us that it was in our account just not showing and told us what it came in at (same as Carmax btw). It seems like some employees, depending on their job area, have privileges to see areas of your account while others don't and maybe there's some setting in their software that doesn't get changed. When our contract info disappeared from our checklist the week before delivery, our final DA told us she could see we had completed the info and not resubmit it. Everything turned out fine for us.

With the number of deliveries happening I think Telsa wants to avoid having someone prepare the documents only to then have to redo them, and that's why with cars being delivered damaged or delayed and then switched out for a vehicle closer to the buyer, I believe they don't like to give out VINs until right before. FWIW I'd say "Don't Panic".

There is a known issue where sometimes you can see everything in your MyTesla account but they can't see it on the backend delivery database. If this is you, you will have to call up, get the "delivery schedulers", and make sure everything looks OK on *their end*.

That said, this message is probably just routine confirmation. If you've been facing long delays, however, find that delivery scheduler number (it's somewhere in this forum) and call it to make sure that all your data is showing up in Tesla's backend database.

I logged in to my account a few weeks ago (before I got a call and a VIN to setup delivery) and there were Confirm buttons on every piece of information that I had previously entered. I quickly mashed them all thinking, "this must be it!" Then nothing happened. They were just having me confirm, I guess.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden