Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 2019.40.50.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a very long time, just got update now. I had just gone to software update settings and it showed no new software for me. I then rebooted the car (because it was running some fan half hour after being parked in garage) and upon reboot instantly it showed I had an update. Since I had literally triggered a check 1 minute before reboot and it came back empty, my guess is something was stuck and rebooting got it unstuck.

Special Builds.

Things that will cause your build to differ:
* Country/Locale - Some builds do not go to all countries, states, or localities
* Hardware/Options - Some things only go to HW3 and some only to HW2.5 and so on
* Rollout Holds - They discover a silly thing and stop the rollout before you get it, so you will skip that build to one with a fix for the thing
* Special Conditions - Your car provides interesting data

Special Conditions is fun. Tesla Firmware occasionally contains watch conditions to report back to the mothership. "Watch for traffic signals that don't seem to make sense." "Watch for cases where the AI confidence is low." That kind of thing. If your car notices watch conditions when x.x.3 is out, you might be put onto x.x.4 for example to gather data on those conditions. Then x.x.5 and .6 might come out with no changes other than turning off watch condition checking, but they still want your car to watch. So it watches, and it watches well. When they think it's watched enough, they'll put you on .6 which has no data gathering. Or maybe .7 for other datas when everybody else is on .6.

Something made you special. Revel in it.