Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stylus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not happy with the smudges my greasy fingers leave on the touchscreen. Anyone use a stylus? Any stylus recommendations? I was thinking if there might be a way to clip one to the side of the screen, or if there's a way to magnetically attach it for easy use.

Personally I have a phobia of putting a magnet around a computer or monitor.

That was DEFINITELY the case with CRTs. But I think you're good to go with LCD or any other modern tech. In fact, they often have speakers built in.

I recently started using a stylus on my tablet. I find it more accurate than using my finger and the screen stays clean. I figured, why not on the car too? So, I keep one on the console that is tethered around the back of the screen with a string and it works really well for me; that screen stays clean too. Finger still works if the stylus is not handy in some situations. I want to find a better tether that retracts something like an old phone handset cord but smaller in diameter. Also looking around for way to make a holder for the stylus.

Not sure how practical driving around trying to use a stylus would be in a car, but I do keep a little microfiber Square in the console for a 2 second wipe whenever it gets too smudged. Seems like a little faster and easier.

I have no problem. I find I'm more accurate hitting the desired button/spot on the screen. I haven't needed to clean the screen since I started using the stylus; my finger is still available when speed matters but that hasn't happened yet.