Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subtle little ironies - Putting gas in my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I needed to go get some fuel for my power washer yesterday. And I was not about to go get gas in my Model S. Didn't want my Model S to stoop, plus I didn't want to put that stinky, stained soaked gas can in it either.

So I get in the Jeep Grand Cherokee, to fire that up (to drive 1.5 miles down the hill) to go get the gas with that. But after about 5 or 6 attempts to start it, it won't start. The battery is almost dead. (the wife is out driving our other ICE at the moment).

I realize there is now only one alternative, Joulee (our unofficial name for our Model S).

So I get out the battery charger and "plug in" the Jeep. While I begrudgingly admit ill need to take Joulee down.

I get out a rubberized floor mat, to protect Joulee from having to touch/hold something possibly soaked in gas... and proceed down to the gas station.

Thankful I did not have to (embarrassingly) wait in line at the station this time. Drove right to a pump.

image.jpg

Note gloves and rubber mat in the foreground.

You should have seen the looks I got there. The gas station Attendants know about this car, but wondered why I was there. One of them stated, "I've never had one pull in here before!" Perhaps a couple of them thought my Model S was a hybrid. I popped the Frunk, and three of them came over to look in. BTW, in Oregon, you're not allowed to pump your own gas (one of two states I believe). Should have seen the smiles and amazement.

Two gallons and $7.52 later, about the same cost to drive 270 miles in the Model S, or run my power washer for two hours, I throw the can in the Frunk, and drive back up the hill.

As I drove back, I wondered why I even thought about taking the Jeep in the first place, for something that was/is clearly so much more efficient and fun to do in the S... and to get over my feeling of stooping.
:)

Last edited:
...maybe an electric power washer???

This. And an electric lawn mower, chipper/shredder, edger - there's all sorts of electric gadgets you can get for around the house maintenance. They might be pretty expensive to step up to commercial grade for all day use, but for the suburban homeowner, no more gas / oil / small engine maintenance.

Just sayin :)