Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Successfully Canceled Paint-Armor Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a no-hassle email exchange with the build team canceling my paint-armor option. I was frankly getting nervous about the forum feedback. The last thing I wanted to feel after plunking down >2x what I've ever spent on a car was remorse about something as visible as a paint-armor seam.

Having paint armor on places like the bumpers can come in handy but glad they were able to cancel it for you. Leaves you the option to do it aftermarket and get the entire hood done if you want to later.

Had a no-hassle email exchange with the build team canceling my paint-armor option. I was frankly getting nervous about the forum feedback. The last thing I wanted to feel after plunking down >2x what I've ever spent on a car was remorse about something as visible as a paint-armor seam.

I'm not totally surprised, but am happy to hear this. I added paint amor late in the game (after finalizing) and after my PS checked on it, he told me since it's not really part of the build, just done after, that adding it would be no problem. So I'd hope they'd do the reverse . . . but I know many companies make it easier to give money than to not. ;-)