Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden Production Drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a similar issue. Production dropped to less than 40% on a bright sunny day and staying that way. I requested service through the app and got an email three days later that my account has been escalated. That was on Aug 26 and today is Sept 7. My system is generating less than 40%. I have 2 powerwall2 batteries. One has solid green light and one has blinking green light. The solid green light inverter has fan running while rhe fan os off in the inverter on the blinking green one. I have tried power cycles, resetting gateway by pressing the red button using chopstick..etc bot nothing has helped. I called Tesla a couple of times and they say that their commitment is to get back to me after 15 working days. Extremely disappointed. Any idea what I can do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907-233113_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907-233113_Tesla.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20220907-233122_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907-233122_Tesla.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220907-233131_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907-233131_Tesla.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220907-233137_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907-233137_Tesla.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 47
I have a similar issue. Production dropped to less than 40% on a bright sunny day and staying that way. I requested service through the app and got an email three days later that my account has been escalated. That was on Aug 26 and today is Sept 7. My system is generating less than 40%. I have 2 powerwall2 batteries. One has solid green light and one has blinking green light. The solid green light inverter has fan running while rhe fan os off in the inverter on the blinking green one. I have tried power cycles, resetting gateway by pressing the red button using chopstick..etc bot nothing has helped. I called Tesla a couple of times and they say that their commitment is to get back to me after 15 working days. Extremely disappointed. Any idea what I can do?
Best advice I can give is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I stopped being Mr Nice Customer and got more assertive and things started happening for me. Check out my earlier post about grid code adjustments. Since that went into place all has been well.

I may have spoke too soon. The drops are back. I wonder if new inverter firmware overwrites any grid code adjustment they make.

Any further luck with your issue? I contacted Tesla support just now and the level 1 support says that there is a request to the local warehouse to replace a certain part. He won't tell me what part it is due to "proprietary" nature of the design. But apparently, the request was put in a few days ago, but they never contacted me or notified me about it. Also, they are not 100% sure this will fix the issue, but they think this is the most likely cause. :rolleyes:

Did they end up fixing your issue, and what was the problem.
I have similar problem with my system as your. The production just drops to zero smack in the middle of a sunny cool day.

Attachments

• 5654A91B-6085-45D0-9E07-8840CAD38D0B.png
    5654A91B-6085-45D0-9E07-8840CAD38D0B.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for replying. I have have CS and they have created a case for tier 2. Let’s hope when they fix it. Since your grid code adjustment you had no problems.
Correct. No problems since then. There was one day when they said it was done but they lied and just didn’t do both inverters. Once both inverters were done I’ve not had an issue since. Fingers crossed!