Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggest console wrap DIY, not worth paying someone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my M3 to Tintworld yesterday for Suntek Cir tint and asked them if they could install my matte white console wrap that I bought from evwraps via amazon. The tech there showed me how he has done other model 3's, showed me pics of carbon wrap jobs he had done. When I returned to pick up my car the tint looked amazing but the console was not wrapped. he ripped the CENTER piece attempting to install it. the center piece, the easiest one. So I licked my wounds and on my way to pick up my daughter from preschool decided...what the hell, Im going to whip out the remaining pieces and give it a go. So right there in the preschool parking lot I installed the remaining pieces and its actually not very challenging if you watch a short youtube video or two. slow and easy is the trick.

So I sent an email to evwraps and they are shipping out a replacement piece at no charge. I am not crazy about how it looks with the center piece black, but monday i should be whole at last.

console.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy 1
zazu7.JPG

Got the new middle section in and here she is all done, I am happy with the quality of the wrap and the way it was cut, I have never wrapped anything before and have since done my door sills with evwraps clear ppf style wrap. I am super happy with both kits, I made a few mistakes on the cup holder piece and will someday redo it for piece of mind.

side note, dont judge my music station, my daughter is a huge meghan trainor fan and she runs the radio from the back seat, lol

Reactions: Jimmy 1
View attachment 346605
Got the new middle section in and here she is all done, I am happy with the quality of the wrap and the way it was cut, I have never wrapped anything before and have since done my door sills with evwraps clear ppf style wrap. I am super happy with both kits, I made a few mistakes on the cup holder piece and will someday redo it for piece of mind.

side note, dont judge my music station, my daughter is a huge meghan trainor fan and she runs the radio from the back seat, lol
Wow, that looks great! Enjoy it!

Reactions: austinmichaeld