Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Calipers vinyl wrap for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iyordanov

Global Vendor
May 31, 2021
Bay Area
Hey guys

I am Iliya, a long time Tesla owner, Currently I have a M3 and the refresh MS. Back in September last year I've decided to start my own Tesla after-market accessories company , called TWRAPS, and I do all the vinyl/ppf/tints production myself, in-house in California.
Since the start I was working on making products for the new Model S and X, but now it's time I spend some time for the Model 3 and Y.

With that said, I am working on a DIY install calipers wrap for those of us who don't have the performance Model 3, and I wanted to show you where I am at, and ask for opinions, as this is one of my most popular products for the new Model S and X but the calipers there are completely different...

Here are some photos, and a few remarks:
1. I make these with 3M reflective calipers vinyl, it's heat resistant.
2. Front wheel is easy breezy install, no need to remove the wheel, no need of heat gun.
3. The rear wheels is where it gets tricky - it's made out of multiple pieces (4 so far) to allow for a fuller wrap, but to install it you do need a heat gun to warm up the edges where it bends a little and you do need to remove the wheel. Is that too much of a showstopper or I should go for a simpler model for the rear, where you just don't cover as much but can do it without heat gun or removing the wheel?

PS. If you want to see my other Model 3 products, you can see them here:

If you want to request a product just let me know here.

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1899.jpeg

The whole reason someone is going with a vinyl wrap for brake calipers like these vs. getting the calipers painted or powder coated is convenience and/or not having access to tools to take the wheel off. We have a Model 3 and a Model Y at home and I'd want a solution that would not require taking the wheels off, even if it meant certain parts of the calipers are not covered. I'd certainly buy these if I can install both the front and the back without taking the wheels off.

The whole reason someone is going with a vinyl wrap for brake calipers like these vs. getting the calipers painted or powder coated is convenience and/or not having access to tools to take the wheel off. We have a Model 3 and a Model Y at home and I'd want a solution that would not require taking the wheels off, even if it meant certain parts of the calipers are not covered. I'd certainly buy these if I can install both the front and the back without taking the wheels off.
Very good point, thank you for the feedback! I can modify the cut model to NOT require taking the wheel off or require a heat gun, it will just have less coverage. But very good point about the wheel 🙏

Can you do a 1st gen console and dash with this wrap? I believe its 3m di-noc in Ebony metallic wood grain. Looking for horizontal grain orientation like the photo on the dash and console. Actually might want some other pieces too, window switches..

Attachments

• 54434340_1507666426041856_6906232971594825728_o.jpeg
    54434340_1507666426041856_6906232971594825728_o.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 124
Can you do a 1st gen console and dash with this wrap? I believe its 3m di-noc in Ebony metallic wood grain. Looking for horizontal grain orientation like the photo on the dash and console. Actually might want some other pieces too, window switches..
I have the 2021 Model 3, and I have the console for it, just haven't listed it yet... but currently don't have access to the gen1 console to take measurements, shoot video & photos etc :(

I have the 2021 Model 3, and I have the console for it, just haven't listed it yet... but currently don't have access to the gen1 console to take measurements, shoot video & photos etc :(
the templates for a plotter is online. If you can source that vinyl I will buy a set to test fit.

For the dash I just need a piece to fit it. I can trim that once it’s laid down.

Last edited:
Reactions: iyordanov
I have a 2019 sr+ and have been looking for a solution like this! I think it’s a great idea! I second the opinion that not having to remove the wheels would definitely
Increase sales, not everyone has a floor jack, torque wrenches and sockets. (Any car own should have those things imo, but that’s me)

I’d be happy to purchase a test set from you as well! What colors are you offering?

I have a 2019 sr+ and have been looking for a solution like this! I think it’s a great idea! I second the opinion that not having to remove the wheels would definitely
Increase sales, not everyone has a floor jack, torque wrenches and sockets. (Any car own should have those things imo, but that’s me)

I’d be happy to purchase a test set from you as well! What colors are you offering?
For starters I will offer reflective red, blue and yellow. May add more as we go. For the Model S/X calipers I also offer orange, white, gold, carbon fiber (black/gray/white) and matrix black, but in my experience so far, when I release a new product it's better to keep variations to a minimum until I have verification that it works as intended and no changes are required....

Also quick question, as at this point I am so biased I can't see clearly what makes sense and what doesn't -> would you be interested if it were only the front calipers due to the back ones being somewhat stranger shape if not installed on a removed wheel, or it has to be a package deal - front & back?

the templates for a plotter is online. If you can source that vinyl I will buy a set to test fit.

For the dash I just need a piece to fit it. I can trim that once it’s laid down.
Thanks, will check it out... as for the raw material (di-noc) you can buy it here by the way:

For starters I will offer reflective red, blue and yellow. May add more as we go. For the Model S/X calipers I also offer orange, white, gold, carbon fiber (black/gray/white) and matrix black, but in my experience so far, when I release a new product it's better to keep variations to a minimum until I have verification that it works as intended and no changes are required....

Also quick question, as at this point I am so biased I can't see clearly what makes sense and what doesn't -> would you be interested if it were only the front calipers due to the back ones being somewhat stranger shape if not installed on a removed wheel, or it has to be a package deal - front & back?
I would be all or none. Having the front and not the rear would drive me crazy. I personally would have no issue removing the back wheels. Not sure if the majority shares that sentiment?

I would be all or none. Having the front and not the rear would drive me crazy. I personally would have no issue removing the back wheels. Not sure if the majority shares that sentiment?
Given the feedback I will see if I can make it so that everybody receives all the pieces but can decide if they want to remove the wheel or not, and perhaps just install less piece if the wheel has to stay. Let's see...

Maybe it's just me but I feel like there are an overwhelming amount of tesla owners who do not have any mechanical experience or desire to do the slightest bit of work. You can cater your products to those people and offer something inferior, but personally I would have no issue removing all the wheels.

@iyordanov

I was really looking forward to these for my Refresh MS.

When I lined up the letters on one caliper it hung over the edge way to much.
if I line of the edges the letters are off.

I don't think the letters are as stable as you thought.

I suggest including a piece of white or silver to cover the letters.
Then just line up the edges.

Or make it solid.

51991418108_20b845b746_b_d.jpg

@iyordanov

I was really looking forward to these for my Refresh MS.

When I lined up the letters on one caliper it hung over the edge way to much.
if I line of the edges the letters are off.

I don't think the letters are as stable as you thought.

I suggest including a piece of white or silver to cover the letters.
Then just line up the edges.

Or make it solid.

51991418108_20b845b746_b_d.jpg
Hey there

I've seen it in a few instances where the silk coated letters on the calipers are not in the usual position and then that would happen. The other option would be that you accidentally applied the driver side caliper on the passenger side and vice versa, that will render similar result. Are you 100% confident that you put the D decal on driver side and P on passenger?
Happy to send replacement if you installed on the wrong side, or issue a refund or make you a solid one (without cutouts) if it was properly installed.

Hey there

I've seen it in a few instances where the silk coated letters on the calipers are not in the usual position and then that would happen. The other option would be that you accidentally applied the driver side caliper on the passenger side and vice versa, that will render similar result. Are you 100% confident that you put the D decal on driver side and P on passenger?
Happy to send replacement if you installed on the wrong side, or issue a refund or make you a solid one (without cutouts) if it was properly installed.
Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, 100% sure I had the correct ones.
D for Driver P for Passenger

Others 3 lined up a lot better, but not perfect. I’m worried I didn’t the edges as closely though. I took all the wheels off too.

You can see it’s almost lined up on the A but it’s off a lot on the T.

I’d love a 2nd set and if you have some scraps of white (high temp) that would be really cool. I think the white would stand out better any way. I’ll Beta test that idea.

No point in doing the same thing over. I’m sure your stuff is consistent.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, 100% sure I had the correct ones.
D for Driver P for Passenger

Others 3 lined up a lot better, but not perfect. I’m worried I didn’t the edges as closely though. I took all the wheels off too.

You can see it’s almost lined up on the A but it’s off a lot on the T.

I’d love a 2nd set and if you have some scraps of white (high temp) that would be really cool. I think the white would stand out better any way. I’ll Beta test that idea.

No point in doing the same thing over. I’m sure your stuff is consistent.
No problem, please DM me so I can arrange it and clarify the details 👍

Reactions: mswlogo