Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggested improvement to phone app for Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like that the phone app now shows nearby Superchargers and how busy they are.

I would really like to know the best stalls to use when I'm close to a Supercharger! Looking at the app is easier than calling support for the information. I know about pairs. If al the "A" stalls are occupied, what is the best "B" stall to use? Support knows.

I would also like to know when there are problems at Superchargers that cause suboptimal charging rates and when they are scheduled to be fixed. This is a subject for another post.

• Informative
Reactions: 2012MS85
I like that the phone app now shows nearby Superchargers and how busy they are.

I would really like to know the best stalls to use when I'm close to a Supercharger! Looking at the app is easier than calling support for the information. I know about pairs. If al the "A" stalls are occupied, what is the best "B" stall to use? Support knows.

I would also like to know when there are problems at Superchargers that cause suboptimal charging rates and when they are scheduled to be fixed. This is a subject for another post.

I’ve never supercharged (have only had the car for 5 months) but I believe you can see how many stalls are full when you click on nearby superchargers on the map. Not sure about the other stuff.

You don't need to call support. It's easy, If an A and B is available, that's what you want. Any number, just both the A and B of any number. Each number represents the paired chargers. If they are all used, then you want the one that's going to leave the quickest.

Please don't call support to ask them. Just ask anyone at the Supercharger.

You don't need to call support. It's easy, If an A and B is available, that's what you want. Any number, just both the A and B of any number. Each number represents the paired chargers. If they are all used, then you want the one that's going to leave the quickest.

Please don't call support to ask them. Just ask anyone at the Supercharger.

If the "A" stalls are full and the cars are empty, what's your strategy for picking a "B" stall? Some of the "A" cars could be mostly finished charging and some could be just starting. If you pair with one that is just starting then you'll have to wait. I'd rather get the information from the app.

What happened to me at both ends of a road trip was that the whole supercharger was degraded. The car was indicating a twenty-minute charging session would get me home, and when I plugged in, it said I needed to charge for fifty minutes. This happened last Thursday and support said that they would be sending out an electrician. It happened again today on the way home and support said it takes a while for the electrician to get there.

Tesla knew that the Supercharger was degraded. Why not mention that in the app? I could have charged more at the previous stop and bypassed the degraded one.

I should have called support and asked if any of the Superchargers along the way were degraded!

My wife was unhappy.