Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggested Inspection Checklist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking mine up from GA next Friday the 27th (VIN 52xxx). I've read about people with a few issues here and there, but perhaps it would be good to collaborate on a checklist of possible manufacturing defects to look for. Might make a good sticky thread.

Things I could think of:
  • Latest software (2018.24.1 currently?)
  • Open/close frunk, check for misalignment/uneven
  • Check door seals/alignment
  • Make sure steering wheel is aligned with travel on road (cant' do that until after delivery, but could do while close to shop).
  • Test phone app functions.
  • ???

• Informative
Reactions: virtualsmack
Picked up yesterday and while they were very friendly and feigned excitement for us, they made it clear I had 5 minutes. They did say that for any issues I found later at home (or outside in the street), a service center would be happy to help and fix to to my satisfaction.

After going over the car this morning, I cannot find anything I need fixed. VIN is 45xxx.

Reactions: forkee
Picking mine up from GA next Friday the 27th (VIN 52xxx). I've read about people with a few issues here and there, but perhaps it would be good to collaborate on a checklist of possible manufacturing defects to look for. Might make a good sticky thread.

Things I could think of:
  • Latest software (2018.24.1 currently?)
  • Open/close frunk, check for misalignment/uneven
  • Check door seals/alignment
  • Make sure steering wheel is aligned with travel on road (cant' do that until after delivery, but could do while close to shop).
  • Test phone app functions.
  • ???

Try searching on TMC

Picked up yesterday and while they were very friendly and feigned excitement for us, they made it clear I had 5 minutes. They did say that for any issues I found later at home (or outside in the street), a service center would be happy to help and fix to to my satisfaction.

After going over the car this morning, I cannot find anything I need fixed. VIN is 45xxx.

LOL they did the same thing with me!

check frunk and head light alignment

well technically you can take as much time as you want. it's your car, make sure you get it in perfect condition. I would inspect before making the payment but i dont see why it would be an issue after. it's not like a problem came up suddenly after you give them the check.
i found a small scratch looking thing above the driver's side back door handle. accepted it as is. im going to wrap it in a couple weeks, so not an issue.

Attachments

• scratch.jpg
    scratch.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Informative
Reactions: mfa1
I will be picking up from Costa Mesa as well on 8/3. Keen to know how your experience goes!

Just picked up at Costa Mesa. Great staff there. Everything went pretty smoothly. I was not financing but had my MVPA and payment portal on my Tesla account the night before.

They were running a bit behind but still got us in and out in pretty good time. I had ample time to inspect and go over the functions. Just found scratched rear wheel which they noted and set me up with a delivery center appointment to replace it. Every thing else was pretty good.

And...the drive back home was something!!!!