TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Suggestion re: the Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by SwedishAdvocate, Mar 31, 2015.

1. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#1 SwedishAdvocate, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    A little while ago I wanted to find the Forum Rules. Having had too little sleep, and having been away from my good ole Mac for a while I forgot I could simply search for them. It therefore took a while before I vaguely recalled perhaps they were posted somewhere in the "Site Feedback" subsection...

Anyways... Why not put a link to the Forum Rules at the top of the TMC page, in either the 'black bar', or the 'red bar' under the 'black bar'?

2. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

#2 Auzie, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Kudos to you for at least considering to read rules, as rules fall in a similar category as manuals, some people never read either.

I will not self-declare here which category I fall in

Maybe we are seeing different screens on different hemispheres.

A link to rules is well hidden in plain view on every page, highlighted in a yellow bar

Rules.PNG

Easy to oversee, blends nicely into the colorful TMC scenery

It just occurred to me that maybe the rules link appeared on each page after your suggestion, I am not sure if they were there before

Reading the rules helps to understand the difficulties of keeping a website like this

Infringement.JPG