Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for Sentry Mode V2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that some of the initial issues with Sentry Mode have been addressed, I thought it might be a good time to think about what V2 might look like. At the outset, I agree with many who say it is currently too sensitive, resulting in lots of clips that have no value. I have spent too much time reviewing clips of people just walking next to my car in a parking lot. If there is a way to reduce the sensitivity, but still capture every event where someone actually touches the car, that will be great. But if we have to make a choice between the two I would opt for the greater sensitivity to make sure we capture the critical clips. But to help with the review process I'm hoping Tesla can:

1. Allow for review of clips in the car on our lovely large screen.
2. Include Fast Forward and Fast Rewind, along with play at normal speed, to get past that initial 9 minutes of no activity, to get to the final minute when the action happens. Without that, the value of in-car review decreases due to the time requirement.
3. Provide for control to delete video clips that are of no value after review.

With those capabilities, it is more likely that people will find clips of value close to the time of incidence, as well as reduce the accumulation of large numbers of clips on large capacity drives.

Other suggestions?

Object detection and Object searching.

Examples:
- Just show me a list of objects in a given time frame: click one and play the video
- Persons near the car
- License plates
- Faces near the car
- Cars near the car
- Bikes near the car
- etc ......
- It also solves the moving tree recordings (wind)...... can be filtered as well
- Search on: colors, gender, etc .....
--> Not new stuff btw...... I sell CCTV and using this already for almost 10 years.
--> takes me 5 minutes to see who was at my company building (20 cams) during the weekend and I can do it from the sofa on my tablet/llaptop.

They are already doing it in realtime (so they already have the objects !) and when parked it could easily be used as well.
Please implement modern cctv, sentry is a 20 years old concept, not really Tesla "level".

And then:
- Auto recycle ...... pretty standard cctv stuff
- Rear cam
- Inside cam ?

- Include rear view camera
- Lower power draw
- Review clips from the screen in the car
- The ability to send pictures (or stream a particular camera) to the phone
- Improved video quality
- Not split everything into separate 1 minute files (or at least have an easy way to combine them together during viewing)
- Auto stitch the cameras into 360 video (probably not during recording, but the ability to do it after the fact while viewing)

I would really like an additional video to be saved: Basically, the left side of the Model 3 screen. This video would show gear (Drive/Reverse/Hold/etc), speed, whether autopilot is engaged, object detections, and the AI world view (the 3D-rendered vehicles and lanes, etc).

Together with DashCam, this video would allow nice recordings of when AutoPilot performed really well (or really poorly) in unusual circumstances. It could make for some cool demos. It could even be stitched together into a sort of VR world, potentially