Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon grade support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed recent software versions require a more level surface for summon? I'm not sure exactly which version changed it. I have a slight slope on my driveway. I used to be able to summon into and out of my garage and onto the driveway without issue. Now, I get a message on the app that the grade is too steep. For now, I'm still able to use it to get out of the garage but it just stops because of the grade error instead of stopping because it's moved the 20 feet I selected.

It's not too steep and I've seen much worse. I'm too lazy to break out the tape measure and come up with a percent but here are a couple of pics. The strange thing is it used to work and now doesn't.
20210512_144320.jpg

20210512_144444.jpg

Maybe 10-20%, yeah, doesn't look too bad. I've noticed our Model X will roll backwards when I release hold on our sloped driveway and use the accell pedal to go up or down. I wonder if that is why they changed it. I have to feather the pedal to hold in place and be careful not to roll the wrong way when backup up the slope in reverse. But we have the older AC drive motors, not sure that would be an issue with the newer drive units.