Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon out of my garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for those of us that have never used this explain how you do it. I've a 90D late 2017 build and used summon to move the car around while standing a few feet away but never tried something while I'm in the house and can't see anything. Please don't tell me you just select summon on your phone and press reverse! That just seems like .... crazy risky. I admit I've heard about this for years but never tried it. Seems like the old videos had folks in the garage watching.

Yes that's what you do or use your fob

Yea, I would never trust summon to work flawlessly, without standing there with my “finger on the button”. I’ve just seen basic summon do too many weird things over the past year I’ve had the car.

That in mind (having to stand by the car), it makes it much more of a party trick than serving any practical function. The only exception to that would be the few times I’ve used it to park the car into a tight spot (hence, not having to open the car door while parked in said tight spot). But, like most, that’s few and far between, as I usually baby the car and park in some remote spot to avoid any potential for a door ding.

My garage is detached from the house so I summon it, it opened the garage door and sends it 30 ft to the front of my kitchen door. It's very practical for me.

Summon is an unreliable piece of crap on both of our Teslas, but fortunately my garage is wide enough to make Summon unnecessary. Of course Enhanced Summon will be coming one of these years. Oh boy, won’t that be swell?

Wow, mine works time and time again. The beauty isnt just for use with small garages, for me it's the convenience of having the car out and ready for me every morning.
Stinks it doesnt work for u