Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunroof while driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sdorn

Director of Awesome
Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2016
Georgia
I just took delivery of my car a few days ago, but have noticed that the sunroof won't open when the car is in drive. I have to stop and put the car in park to open it. Is this normal?

Before going to the SC to repair you might try to operate the sunroof for both the right steering wheel toggle and from the main screen menu. It could just be a slight misalignment of the toggle. That happened to me, and it turned out I had just inadvertently hit the toggle switch. if that doesn't work it sounds like the SC to me.

• Helpful
Reactions: sdorn
Before going to the SC to repair you might try to operate the sunroof for both the right steering wheel toggle and from the main screen menu. It could just be a slight misalignment of the toggle. That happened to me, and it turned out I had just inadvertently hit the toggle switch. if that doesn't work it sounds like the SC to me.

This turned out to be the issue. When I moved the scroll wheel on the steering wheel it showed 12% on the sunroof (although it was completely closed). For some reason I guess this was causing the main screen to not be able to open and close the sunroof unless the car was in park (for what reason I don't know). I was able to open and close the sunroof while driving using the scroll wheel.

Reactions: jbcarioca