Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suntek vs Xpel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right which was my point, pre cut or not I don’t want them going outside their bounds in your video it seems like you look down on pre cut kits.
According to my installer, the precut ones often don't wrap around the edges so they are inclined to come off. He says he adjusts the template a bit larger to cut them out.

Reactions: hiroshiy
I have a precut suntek kit on mine. I hate it. doesn't wrap around the edges like I see other cars have. you can definitely see the lines, and my installer wasn't the best as there was definitely some peeling involved at some edges.
Definitely doing a free cut XPEL for my next car.

Xpel for whatever reason has a tougher time sticking on the edges. Few installers have said that to as well. They said the new film is a little clearer but still tough to stretch without jacking it up.

i want to get something for my model 3, xpel or suntek. for the finish of either, if you put a ceramic coating on it (like cquartz finest reserve) does it really matter which one you get? need to know. also what is a good windshield protector? already had to replace my prime windshield twice :( ...

i want to get something for my model 3, xpel or suntek. for the finish of either, if you put a ceramic coating on it (like cquartz finest reserve) does it really matter which one you get? need to know. also what is a good windshield protector? already had to replace my prime windshield twice :( ...

Suntek is a little clearer so it would be a bit brighter if you will but the new Xpel is pretty close. Suntek is easier to install, stretches better etc. Apples and Oranges in reality with a good installer.

• Informative
Reactions: bluhorshue

Applying ceramic coating on top of the XPEL is a great idea. This will add some gloss and make it even easier to clean. It's important to choose a good paint protection film with a good track record of durability. XPEL ULTIMATE/ULTIMATE PLUS' 10 Year Warranty has been around since 2011 and there have been extremely minimal cases of film issues. If you're paying money for a film and then a ceramic coating on top of that, you'll want to make sure it's a film that will last and not stain or even peel up.

Our newest film, ULTIMATE PLUS, installs easier than before, and is now the most clear and durable film on the market. If you haven't seen the video yet, watch it here to see the rigorous tests we put the film through.

For your other question on windshield protection, there are a couple folks out there that make one. Check out Bray Group or ClearPlex.

Hope this info helps.

Your Blue Model X looks amazing in the pics. Congrats!

Couple quick questions:
- which panels did you get protected? Full exterior?
- did you have them do pre-cut panels?

Thanks in advance!

My 100D X was wrapped in Suntek Ultra last month. The entire car. Wow the gloss shine is amazing. I’m impressed as it looks like a perpetual wax finish. No ceramic coating on top. Suntek Ultra happens to have rain and water diffusion mixed into their ppf. Water cascades off the car and as a benefit so does dirt.

I recently got a new paint protection film from F-performance Netherlands. Not well-known but with very advanced technologies.
the film has a very cool hydrophobic coating, it’s easy to keep the car clean. Excellently heals all scratches itself, protects against stone blows perfectly. I really recommend it to everyone.