Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super Chargers Will Do a Lot More Than We Think?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
superpop2.jpg
Superpop!

Last edited:
I bet that your vehicle will automatically track all superchargers within your estimated range, alert you to their presence (likely by popping up on your map), possibly estimate the time needed to recover charge based on your current level and your vehicle's equipment. Just some thoughts. Also a kiddie pool and some lawn chairs would be nice...

I bet that your vehicle will automatically track all superchargers within your estimated range, alert you to their presence (likely by popping up on your map), possibly estimate the time needed to recover charge based on your current level and your vehicle's equipment. Just some thoughts. Also a kiddie pool and some lawn chairs would be nice...
Conversely the superchargers could be tracking the location of all the (supercharger capable) vehicles in the vicinity. Checking which are from out of town, tracking their SOC, and anticipating which are most likely to stop by for a charge.

maybe the 'supercharger' hardware in the car can do more -- is compatible with CHAdeMO and SAE DC via connector adapters so in additional to the tesla stops, you can plug in anywhere.

I would suspect the tesla supercharger matches SAE DC spec, but its probably not a big splash for one of its 'do more' things is to charge non-tesla vehicles via an SAE-DC plug...

Really not sure how this thread is different. We even speculated what Elon meant in that thread.

Well we used this one as a derailment on post #2. Somehow a couple of real posts got inserted here but it looks like we may be back on track. Sorry mikevbf.

My guess is that Tesla has already covered 100% of Guinea-Bissau with supercharges. Where from any point on road in the country you can make it to a supercharge within 100 miles. In celebration of their independence from Portugal on this day in 1973.

:biggrin:

September 24 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The question was: Super Chargers Will Do a Lot More Than We Think?

The answer is: It will feel like alien spaceships landed at highway rest stops.

This scares me. Last time it felt like alien spaceships landed there was widespread panic and based on other historical events, I'm not convinced we've learned from the past. :eek:

The answer is: It will feel like alien spaceships landed at highway rest stops.

This scares me. Last time it felt like alien spaceships landed there was widespread panic and based on other historical events, I'm not convinced we've learned from the past. :eek:

Clearly an unfounded concern. This forum does not have a history of overreacting.

:)

And... the first supercharger station will open in Grover's Mill, New Jersey. :biggrin: