TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharge rate throttle for non-90

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tesmotorfaqcom, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Tesmotorfaqcom

It seems like all the reports of supercharging rate throttle are on the 90 model just wonder had any other non-90 owners experience rate throttling?

2. Tesmotorfaqcom

Just re-read the post again, I guess it also happen to 75 and likely software limit 60 as well. I did have slow charge rate twice similar to what you experience then the last time I supercharge the speed went back to normal I charged at the same SC different stall each time. Having experience it myself I completed understanding your frustration and the time is definitely more than 5 mins as stated by Tesla.

• Informative x 1
  3. EVCarGUy

EVCarGUy Member

My March 2015 S 85D got 115kw at almost every supercharger I stopped at with less than 50 rate miles or so on a recent 7000 mile cross country trip. I'd estimate half of my 52,000 miles are from trips where I supercharged.

4. Mattzilla

Mattzilla Member

Jealous of those older packs!