Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Abingdon, MD - Woodsdale Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So an “Abingdon, MD” entry popped up on Tesla’s Supercharger site, which is strange because the Aberdeen, MD station is 5 minutes up the road (though it’s 150kW)

There are a few location candidates I can think of in this area:
- Royal Farms across the street from the Boulevard at Box Hill shopping center. The shopping center has

• Disagree
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Harford County building permit: BC-007507-2021
Applied Date: 05/03/2021

Description: TESLA EV CHARGING STATION CONSISTING OF ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMER, MINOR RETAINING WALL (<4'), ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT, (1) TESLA SUPERCHARGER CABINETS & (8) EV CHARGING POSTS TO BE LOCATED IN EXISTING PARKING STALLS/NO STALLS REMOVED OR CREATED

What: Tesla is going to build an 8-stall, V3 supercharger at the Wawa in Abingdon, MD.
Address: 3500 Woodsdale Rd, Abingdon, MD 21009

GPS: 39.464834, -76.310830

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

Abingdon, MD

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-40
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Aberdeen, MD - 6.3 miles
Diversion: 2.4 miles
To: North East, MD - 21.2 miles

US-40

To: Bear, DE - 41.1 miles
Diversion: 4.8 miles
To: Egg Harbor Township, NJ - 109 miles

A much-needed Supercharger along I-95 to split the gaping chasm of 15.8 miles between White Marsh, MD and Aberdeen, MD.

I kid.

It's pretty amazing how small the gaps along most of I-95 are. And this will be a new v3 Supercharger optimizing more trips.

They did a ton of work the in the last week. Stations are all up. Although I’ve seen these take weeks/months to get the power turned on.

Attachments

• 82039CAD-08F5-4F7F-8E22-53607DC2DB2E.jpeg
    82039CAD-08F5-4F7F-8E22-53607DC2DB2E.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 286
I drove by that today. I found out from my neighbor, not yet on Tesla's website. How do you know when it's open? Also, Tesla's site says there's a station coming to Abingdon Target in Q4 2021 and Bel Air Target in Q1 2022, but neither of the locations are where the actual Targets are. Does anybody know why?

I drove by that today. I found out from my neighbor, not yet on Tesla's website. How do you know when it's open? Also, Tesla's site says there's a station coming to Abingdon Target in Q4 2021 and Bel Air Target in Q1 2022, but neither of the locations are where the actual Targets are. Does anybody know why?
The targets are centered in the town name on the map, not where the actual locations are - with rare exception.

The notes on Tesla's map mean that the targeted opening date for the supercharger will be sometime in the listed quarter, not that the supercharger will be located at a Target store (though it's possible that they could be as Tesla has partnered with Target for supercharger hosting in many locations). And the grey pins aren't placed on the map in the actual location where the superchargers will be installed, the pins are just placed over the name of the city where the superchargers will be. So in those specific cases, it just means that Tesla is working towards putting a supercharger somewhere in Abingdon and somewhere in Bel Air.

For Abigdon, you can see exactly where it is, and that it's already under construction, by reading the earlier posts in this very thread. Information on the exact location for the Bel Air supercharger can be found in the appropriate thread: Supercharger - Bel Air North, MD