Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alabaster, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed, showing up in the Tesla app for non-Tesla charging! It's even updated in Plugshare already. If I hadn't just returned from a roadtrip last night, I'd be thinking about a way to head out there ASAP to test out Magic Dock for the first time.
Happened to be in the area the first day the MagicDocks were available. Got to use an adapter for the adapter. 😀

Worked great by the way

Attachments

• PXL_20231213_154925262.jpg
    PXL_20231213_154925262.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 110
V4 post upgrade? There have been a few sites fully completed and then ripped up after discovering the work wasn’t don’t right. I think a few sites in Ohio last year. So that could be the case here too.

Edit - noted the previous post about other sites redone in Nebraska Missouri in addition to Ohio. Those may have all been done by the same contractor but not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grifon and ChrisC
V4 post upgrade? There have been a few sites fully completed and then ripped up after discovering the work wasn’t don’t right. I think a few sites in Ohio last year. So that could be the case here too.

Edit - noted the previous post about other sites redone in Nebraska Missouri in addition to Ohio. Those may have all been done by the same contractor but not sure.
That’s my thought as well. It was permitted as V4 but V3 posts and equipment were installed. So maybe??

Without actually knowing I can only imagine the wiring must not have checked out for one reason or another and the remedy had already been predetermined from a similar prior installation problem at another location. Thanks for the photo update Grifon.

Without actually knowing I can only imagine the wiring must not have checked out for one reason or another and the remedy had already been predetermined from a similar prior installation problem at another location. Thanks for the photo update Grifon.
There was a pretty substantial drop from the old to new pavement when they first installed it. I wonder if it's as simple as them just fixing that. It does look like they have repaved around the stalls.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson
Curious if anyone nearby can visit the site to confirm things look good (presumably up given lightning bolt status in-app), but most importantly, if the site is v3 posts with MD or was upgraded to v4 posts. I think the assumption at this point is it was some issue with the original install and they redid it before putting the v3 posts back in place.

Curious if anyone nearby can visit the site to confirm things look good (presumably up given lightning bolt status in-app), but most importantly, if the site is v3 posts with MD or was upgraded to v4 posts. I think the assumption at this point is it was some issue with the original install and they redid it before putting the v3 posts back in place.
Pictures from 1/19 showing V3 With magic dock and replacing, clearly after the work was done.

The pictures showing the posts dismantled (#42) is all dirt where the parking stalls are. Looks like they ripped out all the asphalt and repaved. Simple as that. Nothing to do with the chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC and Tdreamer
I was in the area this morning in my wife's id4 and stopped by to try out the Magic Dock. Figured it would be better to get familiar with it now than on a road trip when I was dependent on it.

Followed all the in app directions to start a non-Tesla charging session, but could not get the CCS adapter to release...tried a couple of different stalls. Checked PlugShare and it looks like I wasn't the only one to have an issue.

A Model Y pulled up and started charging, so it does appear that the station is back online.