Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alabaster, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1696726677435.png
    1696726677435.png
    354.3 KB · Views: 492
Alabaster, AL

Host Type: Mall
Host: Colonial Promenade
Along Primary Interstates: I-65
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-31
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-65

To: Mountain Brook, AL - 21.4 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Gardendale, AL - 32.6 miles

US-31

To: Mountain Brook, AL - 20.5 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Birmingham, AL (v2) - 23.4 miles

I-65 and the meandering US-31 that it cuts a straighter route along.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
MarcoRP believed it was at the Lowe's, not the mall across the road. So, better order ahead.
It's pretty much all a part of the mall and crossing that street should be a big deal except maybe around the holidays. Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell, Books A Million, Wal-mart, Moe's Southwest and Full Moon are all very walkable even from Lowe's. Jim N Nick's sadly is probably not doable since its up a big hill and Buffalo Wild Wings also probably too far.

Note that Electrify America is currently in this mall today.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I drive up that way frequently and I always thought some place around there would be the perfect place for a SC. A corresponding one in Cullman would also be great. Could bypass Bham altogether. I usually go out of my way to Mountain Brook Because the Downtown location sucks.. Can't wait.

Somehow not surprised that Alabama calls this a "promenade" but there's not a sidewalk or even a crosswalk in site. Hedgerows block any access from the parking lot to the road you would need to cross to get to restaurants and shops (I don't know about you, but I don't buy a lot of lumber when I'm on a roadtrip). This isn't so much on Tesla as the shopping center designers, since the location has great proximity to the shops and restaurants, just those shops and restaurants are clearly designed for people that want to pull their gas guzzlers right up to the door. We'll probably get our full moon to go and have a picnic in the parking lot, although if it looks like we can walk, could definitely use the steps to burn that off!

Somehow not surprised that Alabama calls this a "promenade" but there's not a sidewalk or even a crosswalk in site. Hedgerows block any access from the parking lot to the road you would need to cross to get to restaurants and shops (I don't know about you, but I don't buy a lot of lumber when I'm on a roadtrip). This isn't so much on Tesla as the shopping center designers, since the location has great proximity to the shops and restaurants, just those shops and restaurants are clearly designed for people that want to pull their gas guzzlers right up to the door. We'll probably get our full moon to go and have a picnic in the parking lot, although if it looks like we can walk, could definitely use the steps to burn that off!
I was noticing that as well. A very unwalkable development.

I stopped by here while passing through the area (and on my way to the EA site at the Walmart nearby). Trenching has begun. Big site!

I got takeout BBQ at Full Moon up the street before charging. Better than Jim and Nick's (which is a low bar, I know).

Attachments

• 20231024_214955.jpg
    20231024_214955.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 20231024_214901.jpg
    20231024_214901.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: corywright
I'm always seeking out BBQ, and stopped at a Jim and Nicks here in Georgia on a similar roadtrip last month. I now I know: never again. --puts up fists, starts dancing around--
If you're looking for good BBQ on the road, Jack's BBQ in Nashville is very good. If you're in the Portland area, there's a food truck in NE Portland called Matt's BBQ. Probably the best BBQ I ever had at Matt's BBQ, and I'm from Texas. Put your fists down and get the burnt ends and the jalapeno cheddar sausage. :) You're welcome.

Reactions: ChrisC