Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alameda, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they have to put a single point on a map, but perhaps that isn't THE location, I put the address from the permit into Google Maps, Bing Maps, and Apple Maps and got three different corners of the mall and none of them were where Supercharge.info has it.

I am guessing it's time to update the map of Superchargers, it still shows we will get our Supercharger in Summer 2018 and that ended yesterday. I walked around the mall last night and didn't see anything Tesla related. Guess the map guy will be in Monday and fix them all up. :rolleyes:

-Randy

Just walking back from the mall near my house and saw this:

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 12.34.01 PM.png 56028708705__AD8A3933-9176-4DF7-B85E-008E20FDCF9E.jpeg 56028713693__4CE0AB8C-7B41-4BFC-8AF2-272F5DDA1346.jpeg 56028740343__482FEB47-ADB6-4508-8734-2E8F852DD2B6.jpeg 56028745658__E7B3BFEE-092B-48EF-B6FD-5397F286382B.jpeg

Thus begins the construction of the Alameda Supercharger. And it looks like supercharge.info had it's location precisely right. Wonder who they know on the inside. If you wanna know how perfect this is for me, my HOUSE is on that map above.

I ran into one of the construction guys who was driving by (leaving? coming?) and he told me they don't start until Monday, also told me it is scheduled for opening in December (X-mas present). He says the chargers are NOT in that shipping container, OK. The pipes that are dug up are the old water pipes (irrigation?) that had to be capped off before they began digging.

We had a power outage yesterday before dawn and the only sound was that HUGE generator in the last pic. Would have been a good time to add the lines for the Superchargers. It was only out of 20 minutes or so, a breaker blew in Oakland the say.

So do we start a NEW thread that says it's under construction or can a moderator change the title of the thread?

-Randy

There really are, I was the 5th Model 3 parked near our breakfast place Marti's this morning. The plan says there will be 12 spaces, so I figure 6 and 6 on either side of the walkway. Looks like Friday they got more supplies delivered, and continued to dig where they removed the tarmac. There is now a large enough area for an equipment closet to go, but they have only laid down some conduit/pipes in that area, perhaps they need to bury it all very far underground. We will see.

IMG_4828.JPG
IMG_4829.JPG
IMG_4831.JPG
IMG_4830.JPG

They now have very big piles of dirt on both sides of the construction and have hay batting to keep the tarps down.

-Randy

This should have been posted yesterday, sorry, it's almost time to go see what they did today

IMG_4844.JPG

Obviously, they got more stuff. Still curious when the chargers are going to arrive. Maybe those is them on the pallets
IMG_4845.JPG

Well, looks like we know why they cut out the parking space. Looks like this is when the charger cabinets will live. Or I guess this could be the pull-in-forward style charger, though if you are towing a trailer it will block the parking lot still. This is a busy lot.

Wonder if the taco truck caravan was here last weekend. I didn't see them. Hopefully, they still bring the gastronomical delights with all this going on.
IMG_4848.JPG

Reverse angle on the view
IMG_4847.JPG

Same view of the trench, filling up with conduit and water, this is groundwater intrusion, we are feet from the ocean, but it hasn't rained here since March when I got my Tesla. Literally drove home in the only rain since I got the car 7 months ago.
IMG_4849.JPG

Bonus shot. That's the charger at the mall at the end of my lagoon. Easier to see when the construction guys are moving the equipment. It was just a nice sunset last night when I got home.

-Randy

Reactions: HandleX and Acps110